30. Good Newz

"Manik Malhotra!" A scream echoed in the house making the man of the house scared. He shut his eyes and mumbled 'shit'.

"What is this Manik? Aapko Humesha, batana padta hai kya, ki gila towel sukhane ke liye rakhna hai aur na ki bed par? Har baar meri baat talte ho aap. Ek din chali jaungi mumma papa ke paas phir pata chalna hai aapne. " Nandini shouted at him moving in the balcony to put the wet towel for drying.

Manik frowned at her words moving closer to her hugged her from behind.

"Yeh kya tum baar baar mayke jane ki baat karti ho? Darta nahi hun main tumse. Tum bhi janti ho ki mere bina tum bilkul nahi reh sakti. " He nuzzled in her neck making her sigh.

"Accha? Main ya aap nahi reh sakte mere bina?" Before he could reply, Manik's phone rang making them alert.

It was from his house making him frown because they normally never called so late in the night.

"Hello, ji.. What? That's good newz! Congratulations to all. Umm... Hum? " Nandini raised her eyebrows looking at his face. He mumbled something making her smile brightly.

Her one nod was enough for him to reply to the other side.

"Hehe, ghar ka pehla baccha Manik! I'm so happy. When should we go? Kal jaye? Lekin kal meri important ISA hai. Hum vahi chale kal rehne after my exam?" An excited Nandini asked him but she only got a constant stare.

She smiled at him asking him what?

"How? How do you manage this? Vahi jana chahati ho jahan tumhari insult huyi?"

"Manik, it was because of elders aur yeh toh baby hai. We should go and congratulate them. Uss bechare bacche ne humara kya bigada hai?" She said with a soft tone making him fall for her all the more.

"Fine! Abhi chalo, so jate hai varna subah uthte hi bolne lagogi ki maine sone nahi diya. " He taunted her making her frown and pout. They moved to their room to sleep.

Next day

Nandini came out of her college only to witness her dear lovely husband waiting for her. He smiled feeling her presence.

"Aap jaldi aa gaye?"

"Ji haan! Kahi aisa na ho ki aap bahar aaye aur hum dikhe nahi aur aap humne barse!" She glared at him and settled on the bike.

Yes, they decided to go on the bike instead of car because anyway they have to return by night and it's already 12 in the afternoon. They have decided to visit the hospital and not house.

They were enjoying the breeze when she realized something.

"Manik, stop near the mall we need to buy some stuff." He frowned and looked at her through rear view mirror.

"Kyun?"

"Manik, khali hath nahi jate. And we need to congratulate bhabhi and the new born." She replied tapping his shoulder. Sighing he nodded his head.

After 45 minutes of ride they stopped near big bazaar mall. Nandini was ahead and Manik was behind her following around. She first moved into the kids section and saw the new born baby clothes.

"Manik, should we take blue or pink?" She asked showing him small tshirt.

"Umm, how about yellow or green. It's better to take neutral color than these." She nodded and searched for the yellow top/t-shirts.

They walked around and bought few toys and baby car kit and went for billing. Manik paid and they moved out. Settling properly on the bike they started their journey to the hospital luckily it falls in between, neither too far nor too close.

They stopped the bike after riding for 1/2 hour. Manik called his father to ask which block to come and he gave them the instructions.

Over these months, there were few calls in which they had normal talks. Nandini hardly spoke to anyone but she was good in communication with her mother-in-law.

They entered inside the B-Ward only to witness many women lying on the bed with babies with them. Nandini smiled looking at them but soon faded seeing dadi beside Sneha. She covered it up and moved towards them along with Manik.

"How are you bhabhi?" Nandini asked seeing her all drained out and tired.

"Theek hun Nandini. Tum batao, tum kaisi ho?" She asked as if nothing had happened months back. More or else she has forgotten what had happened that time.

"Theek hun. And how is the baby?" She looked at the baby who looked cute with the red cap around it's head and the tiny face. She looked at Sneha asking whether she could pick the baby. Surprisingly she gave her the permission.

Manik handed them the gifts which they carried. Manik didn't utter a word to anyone. He was noy even looking at them but Nandini who had taken the baby in her hands.

He wondered what it feels to be in the same position as his brother. But he knew it's too early to even think about it. Nandini is too young to bear a child plus she needs to settle in her career. But the most important is to buy his own house right now ok which he is working alot.

"Manik, baat bhi nahi karoge?" His dadi asked making him smile slightly (fake).

"Manik, aap pakdiye." Nandini had the baby in his arms. His lips turned into bright smile and pecked his forehead.

Neonika moved to Nandini to talk to her.

"Nandini, ab to ghar vapis aa jao. Sab tumhe apna lenge."

"Ji? Sab mujhe kyun apna lenge? Apnana toh mujhe chahiye. " Listening her Neonika sighed and didn't say anything further.

"Chaliye toh ab hum nikalte hai." Manik said making them all sad. Nandini for a moment decided to stay back today but then Manik pulled her with him.

While ride they didn't speak anything. He knew there were too many emotions in his head after seeing his family. She as well realised seeing him all silent. They reached home around 10 o'clock and had their dinner which they had taken a parcel and went back to sleep.