The Haldi War

(Guyz Guyz, I had said that the story would end in two more chapters *in my Instagram story*. But now,

The story would end in three more chapters *including this one*

And! One more thing, all of you, please! Vote on all the previous chapters, on which you haven't. Because my read has gone 250K+ but the Votes are only 15K. So, please, make some time and vote on all the chapters you haven't. And this is for those people too, who haven't voted on a single chapter. You all can do this much for me at least. Please.

And Vote Target: 600 votes

Comment Target: 150 comments

Do all this and I'll post the next chapter. Immediately. 

Happy Reading!)

Kunal

"Kunal! Where is the henna?" Mom asks and I look at her.

"Kunal beta, can you please bring more chairs?" One of my chacha ji asks and my eyes turn in his direction.

"Kunal Bhaiya pick me up in your arms." My three-year-old cousin, Riddhi, says holding up her arms in the air high and I look down at her.

I'm surprised that I've not fainted yet. At my own brother's wedding, I'm doing wage-free labour instead of enjoying the wedding. I'm deeply frightened of weddings from now on.

"Kunal, where are the snacks?" Dad shoots another question in my direction.

And when I think that I'd actually pass out, I hear sounds from behind me.

"I'll bring the henna, Aunty." Comes Ruhi's cheerful voice.

"I'll get the chairs." Karan's cold voice.

"I've brought snacks. Something sweet to be specific." Sirisha says doubtfully chuckling.

My Saviours!

My literal, SAVIOURS!

I turn around and look at my heroes going in different directions. Someone pulls my shirt from behind me and I turn around to look who it is.

"Pick me!" Riddhi pouts crossing her arms and I pick her up in my arms laughing.

Riddhi wraps her arms around my neck and tries to wrap her small legs around my waist. She places her head against my chest and yawns lazily. I pat her back while going to the kitchen.

Sirisha is standing in front of the kitchen island taking out whatever what she has brought. I go beside her and put my free arm around her. She flinches at the sudden touch and turns her gaze to look at me.

She sighs and continues to unbox, "You don't look good."

"Because I am not good. I'm tired. After the wedding, I have to go back to University immediately, I won't even get the time to rest." I sigh stretching my neck. "Tell me about yourself, how are your studies going?" I ask.

"It's good. I'm managing. Studying for the school exams and entrance exam together is a bit tough. Why couldn't the school just prepare us for the entrance exam directly for the whole year? It would have been so much easier for the students." She complains, putting the cookies on the serving tray.

The cookies have a unique design. They are hand-shaped and the chocolate frosting is professionally designed over it in different henna designs. The cookies look so adorable that I don't want to eat them. But it looks mouthwatering.

 But it looks mouthwatering