Lips Sealed

Sirisha

"How could you just jump up a running train? That too like that? With just your purse and in a night suit?" Mom scolds.

"It's fine Brinda, think positive, she had a good trip there. She took rest from studies." Dad calms mom.

"A trip without a train ticket. Amazing! Has something happened to the functioning of your brain?" Mom narrows her eyes at me.

Yes mumma, love has happened. Not only to my brain but to my whole body.

I mentally wince. I've changed a lot.

"Dahi jam gayi hain muh mein? Kuch bologi?" Mom takes me out of my thoughts.

(Is your mouth glued? Will you say something?)

"Mom, I'm sorry," I whisper.

"Just sorry? You were away from us for 2 whole days. I was afraid to death, even if Kunal was there." Mom breathes heavily.

"Mom, I understand. But I'm totally fine. See, you were always tensed about how I would face the world. I faced it for 2 whole days."

"That's good, really good, but still!" She stops abruptly. "Kanha ji! I can't even scold you because I'm not used to it. Go back up to your room and take some rest!" She sways her hand indicating me to go, sounding fed up with scolding me.

She loves me too much to scold me.

"Mumma!" I grin.

"What?" She scoffs irritated while rubbing her temple.

"I love you!" I grin wider.

"You'll not go out except for school, for two days."

"House arrest?" My eyes widen in surprise.

"Yes!" She crosses her arms proudly, after giving me my first punishment.

"Darling, don't you want to click Siri's picture on giving her first punishment?" Dad laughs.

"Let me bring the camera." Sam laughs and runs away to bring the camera.

Everyone is so indulged in clicking my and Sam's firsts. Mom had started this tradition but Dad started helping Mom with it too.

But clicking a picture of my first punishment? It's too much!

"I'll go back to my room." I huff tiredly.

"Fine, we'll click your picture tomorrow since you have to be at home for two days straight." Dad waves his hand laughing.

"Dad, stop!" I whine.

I go up to my room carrying the luggage up the stairs. Oh! My bed, I would miss it whenever I had to go on a trip. But this time, I didn't miss my bed.

Because I had a better bed.

Kunal's lap.

I feel intense things happening inside my body just by thinking about that moment.

By Kunal, I remember that he had asked me to call him when I reached home.

I dial him a voice call but after a few rings, he cuts the call.

What the fuck?! Wasn't he the one who asked me to call?

His text message pings in my chat the very next second,

Kunal: VIDEO CALL! 😗

Pouting emoji? Tantrums, huh?

I chuckle and dial him a video call. He picks up in a single ring.