27. Good News

♪दिल तो उड़ा उड़ा रे,
आसमान में बादलों के संग।
यह तो मचल मचल के,
गा रहा है सुन नई सी धुन।।♪

(I could imagine Kunal and Sirisha in the picture above, how Kunal is a University student and Sirisha is still in school

(I could imagine Kunal and Sirisha in the picture above, how Kunal is a University student and Sirisha is still in school.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kunal

This morning was the best till date.

I woke up and had a letter waiting for me.

It had the logo of UPES on it. Seeing it my heartbeat increased by 100X. After reading the whole letter I was at relief of accomplishment.

My efforts paid off.

I've gotten into UPES.

I have to join the University 2 weeks later.

I don't even know if I'm ready.....

Ready to stay 250 kilometers away from Mom, Dad, Vishal bhai, and Sirisha.

Karan and Ruhi might get admission to Doon University as they had taken the exam there including a few other places.

I hope they get an admission there. At least I would have someone close to me.

I haven't told anyone about the admission yet, just my family. I want to surprise Karan, Ruhi, and Sirisha.

I'm taking Sirisha to Baskin Robbins right now. Karan and Ruhi are already waiting for us there.

I pull off in front of the shop and stop the car.

"Go inside, I'll park the car first," I say.

"Okay." Sirisha nods excitedly and opens the car door.

"Oh, wait." I pull her by her hand and her body shifts in my direction, a little too close.

"What?" She whispers.

Her lips are shining from the lip balm, her face a little clammy because of sweat, and her baby hair is jumping out which must have been neatly tied in the morning.

She is always pretty. No matter what condition she is in.

She is literally what Sahil calls her, a beauty goddess.

That doesn't mean, he is allowed to call her that.

"Kunal, what?" A pleasant smile forms on her lips.

I pull the sunglasses down that I had put over her head earlier, to cover her eyes.

"Put the sunglasses on. It's sunny." I say tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Her lips part to seek breaths. Her eyes blink once and she nods backing off.

She hops out of the car and walks around the car swaying her hips and believe me it was actually a delight to my eyes.