10. Are Your Hands Glued?

देखा है तेरे नैनों में,
मैने ये सारा जहां,
खोया है तेरी राहों में
ढूंढू ये दिल मैं कहां।।♪

Kunal

We reach Ishita's house and as I was about to enter Sirisha holds my shirt from behind and pulls me back.

I turn around only to face her tense reaction. Her brows are furrowed and wrinkles on her forehead.

"I'm nervous. Maybe I can sit outside and you can have fun. Come back after the party and we can go together." She suggests.

"Chup chap se andar chal, don't overthink!" I say firmly pulling her in by her arm.

(Be quiet and come inside, don't overthink!)

We enter in and my ears boom with the loud music and the sound of people talking. Now that's the sound I love. Being around people dancing seeing boys fight over a girl and having booze is the best kind of party.

It's dark but the colourful party light is bright enough to recognise people. Even though I am holding Sirisha's hand I spin my head back to have a glance at her. She is looking around with an innocent and curious stare.

I spot Ishita on the kitchen island with a group of people talking and I walk to her pushing through the crowd. She looks at me and smiles brightly.

"Hi Kunal! We were waiting for you. And who is she? Your friend whom you talked about bringing?" She asks curiously looking behind me at Sirisha, rotating the glass in her hand.

"This is Sirisha! Sirisha, this is Ishita." I introduce them to one another.

"Hello Ishita!" Sirisha says but because of the loud music, it sounds like a whisper.

I smile and leave her hand. I go beside Ishita and whisper in her ear "It's her first party. Do Not! Play any prank on her." She nods showing an ok sign from her free hand and I nod back.

I step back and tangle my fingers in Sirisha's holding her hand once again.

Damn! Her hands are cold!

I can feel the level of nervousness she is feeling, from the coldness of her hand. I tighten my grip on her hand making her feel the warmth of my palm.

"So, Sirisha, are you our junior?" Ishita asks.

"No no, I am from another school." She answers shaking her free hand and head.

I look at her adjusting herself from the corner of my eye, taking a cup of alcohol. I take a sip tasting the flavour of cherry.

"Oh! Are you Kunal's cousin?" She asks as I slide the liquid down my throat but it comes up back at her words, making me cough badly.

All of them gaze at my reaction as continue to cough. I say between my hiccups "I told you that she is my friend!"

"Oh! By the way, I invited Karan too, but he turned me down saying he was busy. In case you don't know Kunal." Ishita informs.

"I didn't know." I say.

"But he came to help me with the dress." Sirisha whispers in my ear making me smile.

"Maybe, he wasn't in the mood to come to the party." I whisper back in her ear inaudible to others and she nods gently.

"Here, for you baby." A boy brings a cup for Sirisha.

Baby? Baby my ass!

"She doesn't drink!" I grunt under my breath.