20. Sirisha! Safety Pin

♪मेरी जान तू ने,
मुझको पागल है किया,
मेरा लगता ना जिया,
तेरे बगैर।।♪

Kunal

I'm trying to convince myself that it's just care but I just can't. I have never come to a party where my female friend is going alone, not even for my earlier girlfriends

Then, why would I come to an uninvited party through my friend for Sirisha?

I had literally called Piyush for an extra pass, just to see if Sirisha was fine. And here I am doing the exact same thing.

Seeing her.

Dancing with another boy.

That jerk Yuvraj!

His one hand is on her waist other tangled with her hand, she's laughing. I finish my drink in a single gulp, jump off the stool, smashing the glass harshly on the table, and walk to them. Pushing through the crowd I reach them at the same time the song changes.

I pull Sirisha, resulting in, her colliding against me. She pulls her face away from my chest and looks up irritated but her look soothes as she finds it's me. She tries to pull away only for me to pull her closer as I furrow my brows.

'Maan Meri Jaan' is currently playing on the track.

I smile at her confused look, hold both her hands tightly, and push her away making space between us, then pull her back again twisting her in the process. Her back presses against my front and I twist her again.

She is so easy to glide, as if she has given me the control and she herself is just grooving according to my steps.

I leave her hands and I get ahold of her bare waist tightly making her put her free hands on my shoulder in reflex.

I take a step forward making her take one back. She smiles which tells that she caught the steps. With confidence, she takes a step forward and I take one back, I face left making her turn her body in the same direction.

We keep on dancing to the beats until the beat drops. I leave one of her hands and she removes her one hand too.

We pull away side by side looking into each other's eyes and I pull her in an instant making her twirl around in my arms.

As the song ends I tilt her low carefully and put an end to our dance.

We straighten with me still holding her in my arms. We hear the sound of claps around us, and to look around we break our sweet eye contact.

Sweet?

What The Fuck?

Since, when did I start using such words?

All the people around us are looking at us, clapping for us. Even that, Yuvraj.

Wait a second, why is he clapping for us?

"Why is Yuvraj clapping?" I whisper in Sirisha's ear, lowering down.

"Because we danced well!?" she answers more like questions in a 'duh' tone smiling at everyone.

"Who is he to you again?" I ask.

"Didn't I tell you at the library? He's my classmate, my good friend." She says.

"Just a good friend?" I raise a brow.

"Just a good friend!" She nods in an assuring tone and I sigh.

What did I think? That she would have a secret boyfriend and not tell us all?