25. First And Best

♪इतनी भी हसीन मैं नहीं,
यारा वे
मुझसे भी हसीन,
तेरा प्यार।।♪

Sirisha

I go up to my room leaving Kunal in the living room with mom.

I can't believe it, he followed me.

Only to keep me safe.

I still feel a little furious, yet I forgave him.

What could I do?

He kind of warned me.

Moreover, I couldn't bear the intimacy of his closeness. A second more and I would have done something reckless, that I would have regretted later.

So, I just agreed.

In the bathroom, I wash my face and freshen up

I come out and change into my comfy shorts and a cropped hoodie, I won't be going out of the room now or seeing someone, so I can wear it. Then I tie my hair in a single braid.

 Then I tie my hair in a single braid

What should I do now?

I'm done with exams so, I don't have any schoolwork.

I pick up the television remote from the side table and turn it on. I land on the mattress of my bed with a bounce going through my Disney+Hotstar to watch something.

A gentle knock on the door catches my attention.

Mom?

Is Kunal already gone?

The door opens up showing a tall figure.

Kunal.

I didn't notice earlier, but he is wearing black workout shorts and a black shirt. His sleeves are rolled up till his elbows.

What a deadly combination of formal and informal to wear.

It's as if he was exercising and the idea of spying on me popped into his head. He hurriedly changed into a shirt but forgot to change his pants.