Chapter 25....

Lydia

Waking up was a bitch. The sun was peeking through the blinds just perfectly hitting me right in the eyes. The stabbing headache had me groaning, pulling the covers up to cover my face. A stinging, throbbing pain in my hand had me hissing. Pulling the covers back I held my hand up.

My right hand was swollen, my knuckles bright red. I tried to make a fist only to whimper at the pain that flared. What the hell happened.

My head was in such a fog. Paired with a stabbing headache I couldn't even begin to think about what happened last night. At least not until I had some coffee and ibuprofen.

With my eyes half cracked open I looked around the room. It took a moment to realize I wasn't in my room and instead I was in Landon's. A room I've gotten pretty accustomed to recently.

I slowly sat up, head pounding and room twirling a little. Landon wasn't in the room and my ears strained to hear if he was moving around the living room.

Knowing I couldn't stay in bed all day I forced myself to sit up and swing my legs off the side of the bed, cradling my hand to my chest. Glancing down I noticed I wasn't in my dress from last night and instead was wearing one of Landon's t-shirts. The soft fabric hitting mid thigh, smelling like Landon's cologne.

Bringing the fabric to my nose I breathed in the smell of him before padding towards the bathroom. A quick glance in the mirror had me cringing. My blonde hair was sticking up in every direction, the few curls I put in looking like a frizzy mess. Seeing my makeup free face I remembered Landon taking his time to take it off last night.

Butterflies erupted in my stomach as bits and pieces of last night came to mind. Landon coming to the jail to bail us out. Landon helping me up to his apartment, taking the time to undress me and take my makeup off. Landon laying down with me as I fell asleep.

What I said on the way home popped up making me cringe. I forgot I was rambling and told Landon about how I grew up. I wasn't ashamed of it but it also wasn't something I broadcast out to everyone.

While I didn't want to face him after last night I knew it was best to get it over with. Like ripping off a bandaid.

After fixing my hair into a somewhat decent pony, trying not to cry at the pain in my hand, I wiped my face before I made my way out of Landon's bedroom. My steps were quiet as I headed straight for the kitchen. I still had no clue what time it was but that didn't matter until I had some coffee.

The apartment was silent as I came to the kitchen. I found a coffee mug sitting on the counter, a sticky note next to it, along with some ibuprofen.

There's a pod in the maker for your coffee.

Make sure to take the ibuprofen and ice your hand.

I'll be home soon.

-Landon

My heart fluttered in my chest at the night. It wasn't anything romantic but he went out of his way to leave a note. I couldn't even be mad that he wasn't here. Keeping a grip on the note, afraid it would disappear if I let go, I got my coffee started before going to search for my phone.

In the bedroom I found my phone plugged in and my purse sitting on the end table. My clothes were neatly folded and heels placed on the side chair Landon had in his room. Landon may be as asshole at times but god can he be sweet.

Sliding the note in my purse I grabbed my phone and headed back to the kitchen. The smell of coffee making the fog in my head slowly disappear.

It felt a bit weird being in Landon's apartment without him but at the same time it felt better than being alone at my place. Since I was surrounded by all things Landon I didn't feel as alone.