Chapter 4....

Lydia

"Final edits are done and should be in your inbox."

"The photos are also done and sent."

I was currently sitting in one of the conference rooms as we had our monthly staff meeting. Every month I wanted to get everyone together to see where they were at, if they had any questions, that sort of thing. The magazine may be mine but I wouldn't be here without incredible staff. So it was important that everyone was happy.

"Perfect. I'll look those over today and send it all in to the printers." I said while writing a few notes down in my planner.

"How's everything else going?" I asked leaning back in my chair.

When I started the magazine I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't become a tyrant, like a lot of the boss's I worked for. Not caring about my employees and making them unhappy to be here. Was I their friend more than boss? Sometimes but everyone that works here gives their 100% and trusts me to do the same. You don't get a growing company when your employees are ready to jump ship at any moment.

"Good." My head editor Susie answered. "Becca is due any day now." Susie and her wife have been trying to have a baby for over three years and last year it finally happened.

"You're going to make great parents." I sent her a smile.

"We're going to need tons of pictures." Josie added.

"I've already cleared my camera roll." All of us at the table laughed.

"How about you Nick?" I turned to product manager. Without him the magazine probably wouldn't be done in time. All three of them manage everyone else and made sure they were doing their jobs. Without them the magazine wouldn't run as smoothly as it does.

"Not much." Nick shrugged. "Boring weekend."

"Woo party animal." Susie teased.

"Nothing wrong with a relaxing weekend."

I shook my head as the two of them went on teasing each other. This is how staff meetings usually went.

"Oh by the way." I turned to Josie next to me. "I told the flower shop you and Wyatt will stop by sometime this week. They were more than fine with it."

"Thank you so much. I love Wyatt but this wedding is going to be the death of me."

"You're almost there. Only a couple of months left."

"True. Wyatt suggested we elope. Should have seen how Evelyn and Tasha reacted."

"Didn't go over well then."

"Not at all."

"Well if you need anything let me know."

"I'll hold you to that." Josie sent me a grateful smile.

As Susie and Nick eased up on their arguing I gathered my stuff and stood up. Time to get back to work.

"Let me know if you need anything. Good job guys." With that I left the conference room and headed back to my office. I was not looking forward to the work that awaited me in my inbox. While I wasn't looking forward to work it was nice to be occupied instead of thinking about what happened yesterday with Landon.

Not wanting to think about it again I clicked on my email and got to work.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

"No. I told them I'm not making that deal." I gripped my phone tightly as I tried not to lose my cool. "They can ask all they want. The answer is still no."