Chapter 3...

Happy Reading!!

Forgot to mention apparently...both Landon and Lydia are 29 years old! 

* * * * * * * *  * * * 

"Our first game of the playoffs are this Friday. You guys are coming right?" Mateo looked around the table at all of us, eyes hopeful.

"Of course." Josie was the first person to answer. I know Mateo loves to flirt with Josie to mess with Wyatt, but the two of them were really close. Mateo was the little brother Jo never had and Jo was the sister Mateo never had.

It was clear with how they interacted with each other that they loved one another. I found it sweet that Wyatt's little brother adored his fiancé.

"We'll be there." Wyatt nodded.

"Wouldn't miss it." Trevor added. "Think you guys will make it to the Championship this year?"

It was cute how everyone supported Mateo and his football. He may not have followed in his brothers footsteps with hockey, but he was doing just as great in his sport. He was star quarterback at Uni for the second year, which apparently was a huge deal with him being so young.

"I think so. Our team is melding well together this year, we've only lost a few games."

"Are we allowed to bring signs? Because I wanna bring a sign." Tasha asked.

"Yeah do we get jerseys too?" Sydni butted in.

I hid my grin at the blush that appeared on Mateo's cheeks. He may act cocky at times but you could tell everyone talking about his talent embarrassed him a little. As I sat there listening to the group talk about attending Mateo's game and idea came to mind.

"Hey Mateo."

"Yeah?"

"How do you feel doing an interview for the magazine?" At my words his eyes widened.

"Seriously?"

"Why not. We need a sport section and if Josie doesn't mind she can take pictures at the game." I shrugged.

"Hell yes."

"No." Landon cut his younger brother off. Turning towards me with a glare.

"No?" I raised an eyebrow.

"He isn't some prized mare you can showcase in your magazine."

"I'll be a prized mare." Mateo pipped up.

"What's the harm?"

"He's a kid." Landon snapped. "He doesn't need to be paraded around just for you to get some money."

"Lan." Wyatt tried to say but I was already talking.

"He's 19 and can make decisions for himself." I narrowed my eyes at Landon, anger starting to burn in my chest. "I'm not using him for money, it's to help get his name out there."

"It puts another target on his back. You're basically letting everyone know about Wyatt Boone's younger brother."

"They already know he's Wyatt's brother." I start to say but he cut me off.

"They'll start to question his talent and if he got where he is today without any help. Any scouts that want him will start looking at others who are 'more deserving'. All you'll be doing is making it twice as hard for Mateo at Uni."

Landon's words pierced my chest. I hadn't thought of it like that. I just wanted to help. I went to open my mouth to apologize but Landon kept going.

"You may be money hungry but the rest of us are not."