Chapter 2....

Happy Reading!!

* * * * * * * * * * * * 

Stepping out of my car I stared up at the house in front of me. It was a cute two story house in a nice neighborhood. Perfect for starting and raising a family. Sydni and Bryton picked a great place to settle down.

Multiple cars lined the driveway and street. I had a feeling I was one of the last people to show up. Clenching the bottle of wine in my hands I headed up the steps to the front door. I knocked on the door twice before opening it, knowing it was already unlocked.

Following the sound of voices I came to the kitchen, grinning at the sight of everyone standing around having an intense conversation about which fast food place was the best. We've had countless conversations like this one, each one usually ending up with someone arguing.

"Am I interrupting anything?" At the sound of my voice all six heads turned in my direction.

"Lydia." Trevor Hall, Tasha's boyfriend, said. "Which one is better Wendy's or McDonald's?"

"Uhh." I looked at everyone as they stood there waiting for my answer. "Wendy's?"

"No!" Tasha, Bryton and Wyatt said at the same time while Josie, Sydni and Trevor said 'Yes'. My answer only fueled the fire in the conversation. I shook my head at my friends, and to think we were all adults.

"Ignore them." Sydni pushed away from the counter to come over and give me a hug. "Thanks for coming."

"Thanks for the invite. I brought some wine."

"Ohh thank you." Glancing over at the others still arguing she turned back to me. "Lets open this now." I couldn't have agreed more.

"This place is great." I commented, admiring the nice big kitchen. The pretty dark blue cabinets and white granite counter tops. It was a dream kitchen for some who loved to cook and entertain.

"Isn't it? I fell in love the moment we stepped inside." Sydni popped open the wine and poured some glasses. "Wait till you see the backyard."

"The backyard is amazing." Josie butted in, the conversation about fast food seemingly coming to an end.

"And there's a pool." Tasha pipped up.

"Fancy. Does that mean we'll all be over here for pool days?" Now that I can get behind.

"Obviously." Sydni nodded, passing out wine glasses to all of us. "Come see."

With wine glasses in hand the four of us left the kitchen, heading to the door in the living room the lead to the backyard.

"Oh wow." Their backyard was gorgeous. Stepping out of the door was a gorgeous patio that was covered. There was plenty of seating spread across the patio, one side looked to be a built in barbecue. Nice green grass separated the patio to the pool. And boy was the pool stunning. Big enough to fit everyone plus some.

 Big enough to fit everyone plus some