Chapter 20....

Landon

Where is she?

I've spent the last hour watching Lydia flirt with every available hockey player here. It's taken everything in me not to march over to her and go all caveman on her ass. The urge to keep her glued to my side was so strong. But now I can't seem to find the blonde that's been occupying my head nonstop.

Spotting Josie I made my way towards her. Out of everyone she'd know where Lydia went. On my way I spotted my mom talking with Coach Barnum, laughing about something. The sight had me narrowing my eyes but I couldn't focus on that right now.

"Hey Jo, " I said as soon as I was close. "Have you seen Lydia?"

"Oh, she texted me about five minutes ago and said she left."

My jaw clenched at her words. I had to stop myself from asking if she left alone or not. The thought of her with someone else right now pissed me off. We haven't flat out said we were exclusive but it was pretty much implied. It's one thing to flirt in front of me but another to take someone home.

"Thanks." I grunted. I missed the way Josie's eyebrows raised at me as I stalked off. I didn't bother say bye to the others as I headed for the elevators.

I wasn't sure if heading to Lydia's place was the right decision but I don't care. I've spent all day keeping my distance from her and I've reached my limit. Seeing her touch another mans arm, laughing like he was the funniest guy on the planet had me seeing red.

I didn't mean to snap at the poor kid getting my car but all I could focus on was getting to Lydia's place. I needed to remind her that she can ignore me all she wants in public but I'm the only one who belongs in her apartment.

The ride to her place seemed to take forever. I hit almost every red light making the short drive even longer. Pulling into the parking lot I forced myself to take a moment before I did something stupid, like storm in there and check her place from top to bottom.

After a moment I stepped out of the car and headed for the building. I noticed Lydia's car so she definitely was here. The concerned part of me that was worried about her driving home eased.

I was beyond impatient as I waited for the elevator. I was seconds away from taking the stairs when the doors finally opened. I was almost scot-free as the doors closed before they were stopped by a hand.

Clenching my jaw I stayed off to the side as a young couple entered the elevator with me. I had to stand there watching and listening as they whispered to one another, giggling. When they started kissing I wanted nothing more than to throw myself out of this elevator.

Maybe this was my punishment for being a dick and showing up to Lydia's place after she's flat out ignored me all night.

When the elevator finally got to Lydia's floor I literally shoved past the couple. I wasted no time in striding towards Lydia's door. I hesitated for only a moment before knocking. I jammed my hands in the pockets of my dress pants to stop myself from knocking multiple times.

A second later the door opened, a pissed off Lydia on the other side. Her gorgeous green eyes blazing. She was still in her dress from the party, the fabric wrapped around her body like a glove. She still had her heels on, those gorgeous legs distracting me the entire night. Those pretty red lips set in a hard line as she glared at me.

God I loved when she looked at me like that. That fire front and center. She could burn me for all I care.

"What are you doing here?"

"You left."

"Yes." She gripped the edge of the door. "Anything else?"

"Why." Apparently I could only speak in one syllable words. Those eyes narrowing.