Chapter 17...

Another reminder that the rest of the book is now up so if the last chapter you read was 15 either make sure to read Chapter 16 if you haven't yet, OR read from the start which is what I recommend doing. 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

"Why do I having a feeling we are about to be traumatized?" Tasha asked as her, Josie and I stared at the building in front of us.

"That or see a whole different side too Evelyn." I added. The three of us were about to go to Evelyn's painting class.

"It's just painting it can't be that bad..." Josie trailed off. The only reason the three of us were concerned about this class was the way Evelyn was acting about it. The smirk on her face when she invited us. The mysterious text saying to come prepared. Prepared for what?

We shared a look before Tasha opened the door. The moment I stepped through I was met with chattering. From first glance the place looked like any normal art place. Scattered throughout the room were stools and easels. There looked to be about 10 or so stools, most already occupied by people.

"Girls!" Evelyn's voice brought my attention to the group of women off to the side of the room. At quick glance I took note that they were all in their 50's and maybe even 60's. They were all holding a big glass of wine.

"Glad you guys made it!" Evelyn beamed as she made her way over to us. She hugged each of us before pulling away. "Excited to paint?" Again there was that mischievous look on her face. She was up to something.

"Yes?" Josie said hesitantly.

"Lets get you some wine and find you a spot."

Evelyn lead us over to the group of women, introducing us excitedly.

"This is Tasha, Lydia and my future daughter-in-law Josie." Evelyn squeezed Josie to her side.

"We've heard so much about you all." A women off to my left said. "I'm Mary." She introduced herself before gesturing to the others. "Anne, Wanda, Bea, and Monica."

All the women smiled and the three of us were instantly pulled into conversations. Within minutes I was being poured a huge glass of red wine and being asked questions about myself. On other side of me Josie and Tasha were doing the same thing.

As we stood there talking a few more people trickled into the shop. It wasn't lost on me that it was all women either. We stood around talking for about ten minutes before Evelyn interrupted.

"Lets get you three a spot."

"Feel free to put them up front!" Wanda, a hilarious black woman who was in her later 60's, called out as Evelyn lead us towards some stools. I shared a look with Tasha and Josie when we heard the snickers.

What the hell? Tasha mouthed.

"Here we go." There were three easels placed directly in the front of the circle they had us in. The way it was situated there was going to be something in front of us, most likely a painting we were going to have to replicate.

"There's paints for you guys here." Evelyn pointed to the tray on a little stool next to us, paint brushes beside it. "Have fun." With a wink she walked off.

"That's it? No instruction's?" Josie asked.

"Guess not? I bet we have a painting in front of us that we just replicate." Tasha supplied with a shrug taking a seat. As we all took our seats and got situated I glanced over my shoulder. Behind us was Evelyn and Wanda. The other women seated around them. The two older women whispering and smiling about something.

"So it's basically a place to drink wine and gossip." Josie mused sipping her own wine.

"This better be us when we are older."