41- Making it up

They hadn't talked to her in hours.

Lilliana had gone through her normal routine all day. She went to the library to help Mrs. May first, she missed working there as much as she used to so she asked Mrs May to add her to the schedule more frequently.

Afterwards Luther was supposed to take her to therapy but he never showed up to pick her up at their usual time which was unusual because he was never late to anything.

Willow ended up taking her, and dropping her off at home afterwards.

When she got there, neither Alexander or Luther was home and both of their cars were gone.

She checked almost every room in the house before texting them.

Lilliana: are you guys okay, is anyone hurt?

           Luther: we are fine, see you when we get home.

She read the message, nibbling on her lip harshly. If everything was okay then why did no one pick her up. And why did no one call her at all today.

The more she thought about it, the more her anxiety rose.

She then remembered what she'd been working on in therapy for weeks. Not allowing her anxiety to beat her.

She just needed a distraction to get her out of the headspace she was in and what better way than baking.

The cookies would take her mind off of things and it would help Lucy and Lexi feel better.

She walked through the kitchen grabbing all the ingredients to make oatmeal raisin cookies before beginning.

She made sure not to make too much of a mess so that everything would be easy to clean up after she was done.

She started forming them into balls before getting an idea. She searched through each drawer until she found the heart shaped cookie cutter.

She laid all of the dough onto the pan before she started pushing the shape into them.

She smiled at the cute little hearts before adding them onto two pans.

She plopped them into the oven then began to clean up.

By the time she finished cleaning and washing everything out, the timer for the cookies went off and at the same time she heard the sound of two cars pulling into the driveway.

She hurriedly took the cookies out and poured three glasses of milk.

She ran to the front door and looked through the peep hole and sure enough it was her guys.

She flung the door open and jumped into the arms of the first person she saw.

Alexander caught her, wrapping his arms around her waist and squeezing her tightly.

"Oh how I've missed you Angel" his words immediately put her negative thoughts at ease.

He slowly lowered her to the ground and walked them further into the house.