17- Talking

It was now the next day and Luther hadn't slept all night. He couldn't sleep, he couldn't get the sight of Lilliana on the bathroom floor out of his head.

He felt that if he closed his eyes for even a second she would slip out of his grasp, so he spent the entire night studying her every feature.

He studied everything he could've lost because of his actions, everything he never wanted to lose.

He began to run his fingers through her hair slowly untangling any knots he felt. He continued this on until he felt her begin to shift in his arms and her eyes fluttered open.

"good morning Lilly" he said placing a gentle Kiss on her head.

Lilliana yawned and snuggled more into Luther, "warm"

Luther smiled and cherished this moment knowing it would end when she was finally fully awake.

Sure enough when Lilliana woke up 30 minutes later it was different.

She was different.

She didn't wake up as the Lilliana that brought light into a room even on the darkest days. She didn't wake up as the Lilliana that smiled even on the rainiest of days. She was the complete opposite.

The men watched her as she got up from the bed and walked out of the door. They hurriedly followed  behind her until they saw her small figure a few paces in front of them heading to the living room couch.

Lilliana sat down pulling the soft blanket that was thrown across the couch previously, onto herself. She cuddled into the arm of the couch and and stared blankly out of the window.

 She cuddled into the arm of the couch and and stared blankly out of the window

"I fucked up" Luther ran a hand threw his hair and sighed.

Alexander pulled Luther to the kitchen, "I fucked up too okay and we can't change the fact that we did we just need to fix it, we need to help her."

Luther nodded and plopped down on one of the stools, "how do we help her though, how do we make it better"

Alexander grabbed Luthers hands, "we need to be better for her, we knew she was going through a hard time dealing with her father and we were still too stuck on us"

Luther nodded and listened further. "We should tell her"

Luther stood from his seat shaking his head, "she will hate us Alexander, forever, we've done enough emotional damage for one day no need for two"

Alexander stood up, "she deserves to know why we were behaving that way yesterday, we can't keep secrets from her"

Luther fisted his hair and let out a sigh, "how do we make her better though Alexander, how do we really help her after all of this"

Alexander took both of Luthers hands from his hair and kissed them, "hey its okay, we can help her get better but she is also going to need outside help"