24- Breathe baby

"what did you do to my girl?"

At this point Luther was almost touching noses with Lillianas therapist.

All rational thought completely left his body once he heard that unlike where he dropped her off, his girl was at the library. THEIR girl was at the library, and she wasn't even the one to call telling them that she was there.

He knew something was wrong with his baby and nothing was going to stop him from getting to her. Not even the three red lights he ran through and surely not the sirens behind him, he was going to lose them anyways and that's exactly what he did.

By the time the two men pulled up to the library the police were gone probably somewhere lost looking for them.

His hair was practically up in flames waiting for the older man to explain to him until he felt a tiny hand on his shoulder which immediately made him melt.

"It's not his fault Lu Lu it's mine"

He turned around looking down at his baby who had her head down staring at her feet. "I'm sorry I left, I freaked out because we started talking about dad and he tried to stop me but I didn't listen. It's my fault"

Luther looked up to Dr. Shuffard with his eyebrow raised, "Is what she's saying the truth?"

"Yes she's telling the truth"

Luther slowly nodded his head while interlacing his fingers with Lillianas.

"Thank you for making sure she got here safely Dr. Shuffard and thank you so much for taking care of her and calling us Ms. May."

Ms. May smiled at Alexander who was now holding his hand out for her to shake.

The older women smiled a big smile and wrapped her arms around him. "It was absolutely no problem"

She broke apart from him and brought her attention to Lilliana.

She ran one hand through the girls hair with her usual smile on her face, "are you okay to go home now pretty girl?"

Lilliana nodded her head and wrapped her free arm around Ms. May while not letting go of Luther's hand.

"Bye bye guys, and I'm sorry Dr. Shuffard for giving you a hard time today"

Dr. Shuffard smiled at the girl infront of him, "it's okay, I hope today didn't deter you too bad, I would really like to see you in my office again"

Lilliana nodded with a soft smile. During this entire conversation she tried putting on a nice front for everyone but she was entirely drained. Physically and emotionally.

After their goodbyes were finished they headed to the car and the entire ride home was quiet.

Luther and Alexander knew their girl was probably exhausted after the day she had and while they wanted to know exactly what happened, they wanted her to rest before anything.

Her exhaustion was proved when she fell asleep only five minutes into their ride back home.

"Come on princess we're home"

The brown haired girl slowly stirred in Luther's lap and sat up.

She crawled onto Luther's lap and buried her face in his neck. "Can you carry me pretty please"

Luther only chuckled and carefully stepped out of the truck.

"Is she still sleeping?" Alexander asked while unlocking the front door.

"Yeah should we take her to my bed or yours"

"Yours"

Luther began his walk to his room.