30- Work

Alexander's eyes softened as he stood from the stool. "Hey Angel come here" he opened his arms beckoning her to him.

Emotions were flooding throughout Lilliana and she didn't know which one to choose.

She took slow steps forward before stoping in front of the tall brown haired man.

"You're going to work" she repeated, this time it was loud and clear.

Understandably them going to work hadn't been the best thing in the world to happen to the girl. Especially after the time they went two months ago.

She still played the memory of that night in her head.

She wouldn't tell them that though because she didn't want them to feel bad but occasionally she stayed up late staring at the ceiling thinking, they'll leave me, I'm annoying them, maybe I wasnt supposed to make it after all, I wonder if they would be happier if I didn't.

Of course those thoughts were almost completely gone and un thought of by the time she woke up the next day but that didn't mean the words still didn't sit on her conscience to rear their ugly heads again later.

"Hey Lilly stay with us baby"

She heard fingers snapping and she looked up to see Luther staring down at her with a worried expression.

"I'm scared"

It was the honest truth, she was scared. She was actually more than scared and she couldn't help but to feel a bit overwhelmed.

Would this time be like the last?

"No baby I promise, I will never come back the way I did that night"

Her eyes widened, 'oh I said that out loud'

"I absolutely love you with every fiber in my body and I would never ever want to see you hurt again the way I hurt you that day"

He cupped her face gently in his hands and ran a finger under her eyes catching the two tear drops that were about to make their way down her face.

"I was reckless and dumb and anything that happened was absolutely my fault and I would die before I ever made you feel the way you did that night again"

He held one of her hands up to his face and kissed her palm then her wrist. "you mean the world to us baby and I promise when we come back tonight we will do absolutely anything you want. You want face masks, you got it."

"You want to watch those little creepy scary movies that you love so much, you got it" Alexander interjected.

Lilliana laughed and bit her lip trying to keep the tears in. "If you want to bake a whole damn five tier cake, I will happily help and I'm going to miss every moment away from you tonight."

Luther wiped the tears falling down Lillianas face "We're going to be back by 8 and I promise when we get back I'm not going to let you go"

Lilliana threw her arms around him as the sobs came. "I love you so so much, please come back to me"

They both wrapped their arms around her and each planted a gentle kiss on her cheek, "We promise"

- •
Lilliana was currently curled up in blankets on the couch stressing.

It was almost 11 o'clock and she hadn't heard anything from Luther or Alexander and she couldn't distract herself any longer.

She'd baked cookies as a surprise about three hours previous thinking that they'd be home by then.

She also pulled out the couch bed and set the entire living room up so they could have a movie and massage night after a hard day at work but they still hadn't shown up.