The Misunderstandings of Love (Jealous!Dean)

Request: One shot where the reader and dean like each other but don't admit it sam and the reader are best friends so when there one room and two beds only she has to choose between the two and she picks sam cause she doesn't want it to be awkward and deans all jealous btw I love your one shots and imagines

------

"I've gotta admit it, Y/N, you did one hell of a job back there," Dean smiled, shutting the door of the Impala and walking toward the back of the car. "Five vamps' by yourself – not bad."

"'Not bad'? I was incredible!" you grinned, trying to brush off the blush that was threatening its way to your cheeks thanks to Dean's compliment.

The summer heat reigned upon the small town of Lockhart, Texas, one of the few cities Dean actually seemed to enjoy because of its many barbeque places. The sun had started to set down on the horizon, ready to shine its light upon the other side of the world, but the wild Texan heat still radiated off the ground without a care. And though the mixture of pinks, yellows, and forget-me-not oranges created a beautiful rural painting of color, you wouldn't have minded seeing this in another part of the country.

Sticky sweat covered almost every single inch of your body, and grime and dirt were stuck under your fingernails and at all the visible parts of your skin. There were a few red stains on your shirt and jacket that were drying up quickly with the burning warmth around you, so, needless to say, all you wanted to do was take a shower and take a day-long nap to forget about the vampire case you had just finished wrapping up.

"Okay, shorty, you were the best novice I have ever seen in action," Dean chuckled, rolling his eyes playfully as he pulled the trunk open.

The blush finally beat you, although not because of what Dean had said as much as what he'd done. You tried to ignore the way the dark fabric of the older Winchester's t-shirt had stuck to his body, allowing you to easily watch the way his muscles contracted and relaxed as he leaned over to grab the duffel bags from the back of Baby. This is normal, you tried to reason, just because I think he's hot, it doesn't mean anything. Anybody with eyes would think Dean Winchester is hot.

"Y/N?"

"W-what?" You cleared your throat with embarrassment, avoiding Dean's eyes as you snapped out of your thoughts. "I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"Could you shut the trunk?" Dean asked, a lopsided smile playing with the corners of his lips.

"Oh, yeah," you mumbled, grabbing the keys of the Impala as you raised your arms and pulled down the sleek, black metal; Dean's stare on your body was passed without your awareness.

You didn't know if Dean hadn't noticed your small attempt to grab your bag or if he had ignored it, either way, he was carrying your bags, and even a simple action like this made you smile. You followed behind Dean into the motel reception, quickly spotting Sam amongst the other travelers that were in town.

The youngest Winchester gave you and Dean a tight smile, almost like a grimace, as he lifted up his left hand, a single pair of keys dangling from his left index finger. You immediately bit the inside of your cheek, holding back a groan.

"Only one room left," he said, glancing from Dean to you with a sympathetic look in his eyes. "Sorry, Y/N, but the manager said they didn't have any folding beds available."

"It's okay," you sighed, trying to shrug away the nerves that had started to slowly rise in the pit of your stomach. "We'll work something out."

"We could just go check another place," Dean offered, passing Sam his bag. "You know we understand if you need your privacy, Y/N."