Beware the Broken Heart (Dean angst)

Anonymous said: Hey I love your imagines. Can you write one set on Ep 7x10 Death’s door. The reader is Bobby’s niece and she’s trying to comfort the boys mostly Dean that is very affected yet Dean rejects her. She is trying to keep herself together but when Bobby dies she loses it and she is the one that needs comfort in the end. Thank you!

—————————-

You were in a blur of panicked thoughts and reckless speeding as you made your way to the hospital, Dean’s words still in your ears. It had been a while since you’d seen the Winchesters, but you never imagined that they would have to call you to tell you that your uncle was in a coma, especially not with the unbearable possibility of dying.

You knew both of them, Sam and Dean, ever since you were little. You’d pretty much grown with them until you graduated high school and went on to college. Though you didn’t really liked to hunt, the few ones you had taken always involved their company, or your uncle’s, given the fact that you never liked to hunt alone. But then you got your degree, started working, and eventually retired completely from the risky life. Now you only saw the Winchesters a few times each year, most likely than not as coincidences when you visited your uncle.

You hit the break with more energy than needed, parking in one of the few empty spots of the parking lot.

You pushed the door of your car open, leaning over towards the passenger seat to grab your purse before making sure that the car had the alarm on. You walked across the pavement with your heart beating slightly faster than normal, urging you to go faster. You weren’t sure that you wanted to actually face the pain of seeing your uncle unconscious, not knowing if his this was the final part of his life, but the only thing you were sure of was that you wanted to be there for him. Until the very end.

You quickly made your way to the hall your uncle was at, signing at the entrance desk before scanning for the Winchesters. You soon spotted the tall men, their civilian clothes sticking out in the in the sea of doctor and nurse outfits.

"Dean! Sam!" Two heads turned toward you, both pair of eyes a bit bloodshot, but still pretending to have strength.

Sam stood up, meeting you along the way as you walked to where him and Dean were. He wrapped you in a hug, which you returned almost immediately, your nerves calming down a bit with the brotherly gesture.

"I’m sorry, (Y/N), we tried to get him out in time, but…" Sam sighed, letting go of you and looking down. "The doctors would need the swelling to go down to get the bullet out, and even then, it’s almost impossible for Bobby to…well, to make it."

"Shut up, Sam," you heard Dean grunt, not even bothering to greet you. A pang of hurt ran through you at this, always having a soft spot for the oldest Winchester, but you ignored it, knowing that he was in just as much pain as you were. He stormed pass you, his feet carrying him outside the ward.

Sam gave you what you guessed was supposed to be a smile, but instead came out more as a grimace.

“(Y/N), trust me when I say that I want nothing more than for Bobby to get better, but I just…we’ve got to face the fact that it’s almost not likely that he will even make it to surgery,” Sam said, nothing but honesty in his words.

“I know, Sammy, I know,” you replied, taking a shaky breath. You wanted to do nothing but cry since Dean had called you, but you knew that you had to stay strong. Now even more so, with how Dean was denying your uncle’s mortality and Sam looked ready to throw him self into a spiral of misery and hopelessness.

You couldn’t look at Sam any longer, his eyes glistening with unshed tears, deciding to sit down on one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs, and instead focusing on bouncing your knee. You kept your head in your hands so that no one could see the pained expression on your face.