Chapter 20

The first time that I performed at Good Morning America was when I was fifteen and thousands of people flew in to watch me perform. I would be lying if I said that I slayed the entire performance because I slipped up a few times while following along to the choreography but people disregarded that due to my age.

I have performed on Good Morning America seven times in my thirty year career and the performances have always lasted an hour because everyone flies in to see me perform. GMA know that they will be racking in views and money if they book me for the hour so that was always fun but I have not been on the show in over a decade.

This new stage of my life is about going back to my roots while bringing the new me along for the journey.

"I'm going to kick off this morning with a cover that I got to release as a single in 1995"

It's my house and I live here

Thousands of faces scream back at me once I sing the first line and a small laugh leaves my lips as I dance along to the beat.

(I wanna tell you)
It's my house and I live here

I channel the 1970s version of Diana Ross since she is the most iconic person that I have ever come across and I was grateful to be around her a lot due to her friendship with Michael. She was one of the first people that I saw following my heart attack but we haven't see eachother as of late due to our busy lives.

There's a welcome mat at the door
And if you come on in
You're gonna get much more
There's my chair
I put it there
Everything you see
Is with love and care

There's a welcome mat at the doorAnd if you come on inYou're gonna get much moreThere's my chairI put it thereEverything you seeIs with love and care

It's my house and I live here
(I wanna tell you)
It's my house and I live here

I strut towards the edge of the stage as I seamlessly transition to the next song from my upcoming album.

it's like cranes in the sky
Sometimes I don't wanna feel those metal clouds

Yeah, it's like cranes in the sky
Sometimes I don't wanna feel those metal clouds

I tried to run it away
Thought then my head be feeling clearer
I traveled 70 states
Thought moving 'round make me feel better

I shrug my ruffled coat which makes the audience scream as they try to make a grab at it but a stagehand is quick to snatch it as I start moving to the other side of the stage. The choreography to this song is very minimal so I'm able to just tap my free hand against my hip to the beat of the song as the dancers perform on stage.

I tried to let go my lover
Thought if I was alone then maybe I could recover
To write it away or cry it away (don't you cry, baby)
Away

"GMA SING WITH ME!"

Away, away, away, away, away

Performing infront of thousands of people live and millions on screen has been my life ever since I was twelve years of age. I was quickly thrust into the spotlight once Michael Jackson came across my album and the whole world wanted to hear the twelve year old sing so they put me on every stage imaginable.