Chapter 11

"I want to start off by saying that I am honored to be the first to interview you post show." Ellen states and the audience claps. "What you did was magical and everytime you are up on that stage, we are all reminded of why you are regarded as the best performer of all time."

"Awe thank you so much." I bow my head slightly. "I genuinely appreciate the compliments."

"What was it like to put together the shows then watch it come to life?" Ellen asks and I pause for a moment to try find the right words. 

"Since coming out of my hiatus, I have shared the stage with the lovely Lionel Richie but to headline my own show was something that I wasn't completely prepared for. I probably shouldn't share this now but I am working with Netflix to produce a short documentary on my comeback which is separate from my other projects. There was a lot that went into making those shows happen simply because I had been away from that life for two long years. Watching it come to life was amazing but I'm still processing what went down."

"You brought out a lot of talented acts which was very nostalgic." The audience cheer as several images appear on screen. "Kimora you are showing no signs of slowing down and it's incredible to see what you can do at the age of forty two."

"My age is starting to catch up to me," I say with a small laugh, "but I do continue to surprise myself. I have been performing since I was twelve years old so it's always nice to be able to pay hommage to the people that inspired me and my past."

"Speaking of paying hommage, you brought the king of pop back to life." I tense up at the image of Michael and I. "Holograms have been done a few times at shows but this certainly tops the list."

"Yeah." I give her a small smile.

"What made you decide to have a hologram of the late Michael Jackson?"

"Michael is my forever love." I simply say as the audience sigh in adoration. "I met him when I was twelve years old and spent so much of my life being his protégé. Michael is a huge part of my history and he helped mold me into the person that I am today so I wanted to find a way of honoring him without it being a basic image on screen. Everything was so last minute and I only got to do one rehearsals with... him but yeah."

Ellen reaches for my hand as I feel myself being overcome with emotion.

"I would like to believe that I did it justice." I look down before clearing my throat. Most people seemed to have missed the tribute that I did to my parents but I'm not emotionally prepared to speak up on that.

"Kimora you have definitely set the bar high and I know that the whole world is itching to see what you have planned." Ellen gives me a look. "Speaking of what you have planned next, is this look a preview of what we should expect from your upcoming album?"

I laugh a little because Ellen has a way of sniffing things out.