Chapter 19

Kimora: Forty Two's second single 'Stone Cold' is out now on every streaming platform

Filmed by: DavidGandy

Outfit: DavdGandyWellwear

8,000,000 likes ~ 14,000 comments

---

My performance has been trending all night and people are really loving the emotional side of things which makes me feel conflicted. I had no intentions of crying while performing but it happened and people love it so much that they want to know the story behind the song.

To continue my press week, I have decided to switch back to the darker hair as we near the release of Kimora: The Documentary. I have thoroughly enjoyed the blonde hair but my dark hair is one of the things that connects me to my mother which is why I always keep it long.

Radio interviews is something that I have done a lot of but not always enjoyed as I wanted to have that intimate experience only for the hosts to invite their whole gang of friends to watch it live. Michael was not the biggest fan of talk shows because of how exploitative they could be so there would be times when I would avoid that and go on radio shows where I could leave without pressure or hang up the phone.

"You have released twenty studio albums and ten live albums in your thirty year career." The host states while looking at me in awe. "On top of that, you were also running multiple businesses while touring the world."

I laugh at his words.

"How were you able to balance that?"

"Honestly, I don't know." I shrug my shoulders. "From the moment that I released my very first album at twelve years old, my whole life changed and I did not stop working until I had my heart attack on my fortieth birthday."

The host shakes his head in disbelief, "That's crazy but what stands out is how candidly you speak about that event."

"I have had time to process what happened and I have accepted that it happened to me so I feel no fear talking about. Shit happens in life." I pull a face. "I'm still alive and that's all that matters."

"Amen to that."