Chapter 2

Kimora: Forty two

Kimora: Forty two.

8,000,000 likes ~ 20,000 comments

---

"I have been working since I was a child and I don't think that people really understand what that means." I pause for a moment. "I became the breadwinner of the family at the age of twelve which made me become a responsible adult by default. There was no making mistakes in my teenage years because that would affect this perfect image that was built of me so I had to be this perfect young adult during the detrimental years of my life."

"Despite what has been said, you're career is still booming thirty years later." Ellen states as she reads from her card. "You have released twenty studio albums and 10 live albums in your thirty year career."

I laugh a little, "I honestly have way more studio albums that was never released to the public."

Ellen looks at me in surprise, "What made you decide not to release the albums?"

"Every album of mine has eleven to fifteen songs on them and it made no sense to tour with over two hundred songs in the catalog. Having a lot of songs made touring difficult because everybody had their favorite era of mine so I couldn't always play a song from five albums ago." I shake my head as I think of how much of a workaholic I was. "That obviously led to me having these throwback concert specials where I would play the classics."

"You took a step back from the spotlight in 2019 and this has reportedly been the first break that you have ever been on

"You took a step back from the spotlight in 2019 and this has reportedly been the first break that you have ever been on." I nod my head. "What was the reason? People assumed that you were taking time to start a family."

"Let me clear that up, I was not pregnant at all." I look at the audience. "I have never been pregnant and I did not run off to get married."

Ellen leans forward, "What happened?"

"I had a heart attack on my fortieth birthday." Everybody gasps. "I had been in the hospital numerous times due to my fast paced life but this was the first time that somebody had told me to stop. The doctors told me that I could die if I continued at that rate which was a shock."