Chapter 4

Kimora: Flying into a new era

7,000,000 likes ~ disabled comments

---

Back in the nineties, love ballads were a huge hit and everybody was producing it until gangsta rap started to prevail. My body fills with warmth as David sings one of my songs back to me as we slow dance in the center of the room.

Eyes remain focused on us as David twirls me around and I can't help but smile as he pulls me back into his arms.

I was a teenage girl performing love ballads to adults as if it was the most normal thing in the world. I knew nothing about what I was singing but it made me a lot of money so I continued to perform these ballads all over the world. Whitney Houston once referred to me as her mini me after I performed Run to You at a special event that she was hosting in 1996.

Throughout the years, I would be able to feign love but last year was the first time that I actually experienced it.  

I feel it in my heart

Tears threaten to spill from my eyes as I hear myself sing the last line. Even though I did not experience the feeling of love until last year, I believed in it which is what made my records sell. The words I sang were true and people related to that.

"That was beautiful." David softly tells me as he kisses my lips in the middle of the dance floor. He goes to pull away but I wrap my arms around his neck to keep him in place.

David gently rests his hands on waist and there is a moment where I visualize myself pregnant with my bump pressing into his stomach as he recites the most famous line.

I love you.

Our dance comes to a halt as John Legend graces the stage with that kind smile of his and we turn our attention to him. David loosely wraps his arm around my waist and I smile as I feel his hand graze against my stomach.

"That was the beautiful Kimora with her song Feel It." Everyone in attendance in my clap direction and I nod my head at them. "Her music career is unlike anybody else's and she has given us hit after hit since she was a freakin' child."