Chapter 1

HollywoodSpill: After taking a two year hiatus, singer #Kimora has resurfaced and fans are excited for what it means

HollywoodSpill: After taking a two year hiatus, singer #Kimora has resurfaced and fans are excited for what it means. Kimora first rose to fame at the age of twelve with a self titled album which would become the number one pop album a week after its release. Her album attracted attention of many stars, one being #MichaelJackson who took her under his wing. It was rumored that #Prince was jealous that the King of Pop got to her first as they both saw potential in the younger star who would go on to have seventeen number one albums.

---

Losing Michael Jackson in 2009 was the biggest devastation that I ever faced and it's safe to say that I mourned along with the rest of the world. Michael was more than just a mentor to me, he was my friend and like a father to me.

Michael showed me the ins and outs of the industry. He made sure that I was the hardest working person in the room and that I got paid what I was owed. To be named the biggest star since MJ is an honor but the truth is, there will never be another Michael Jackson.

Michael dying pushed me to be bigger than I ever was and my first album after his death was dedicated to him. I put everything that I learned and experienced with him into my music and I blew up like never before.

Almost three decades of consistently working is exhausting but it was all that I knew. I would end up in hospital after passing out from exhaustion and be back on stage that very night. Working was all that I knew and I was good at it.

I have been in the music industry since I was twelve years old and the first time that I took a break was two years ago. It took me twenty eight years in the industry for me to realise that I needed to step back because I had not accomplished anything in my personal life.

My fortieth birthday left me reeling back as I realised that there was so much that I hadn't done because I put my career infront of me. I never married nor did I have children. 

With all the work that I did, I never ever thought about settling down because I lived such a fast pace life on the road. In the early 2000s, I did not own a home because I was always on the road.

On my fortieth birthday I woke up in the hospital after suffering a massive heart attack. For the first time since 1991 I was told to slow down and it made me bawl my eyes out as it became clear to me that my health had meant nothing to me.

So I recorded an album, released it, issued a statement and then disappeared from the life that I lived. People assumed that I had taken my own life but I just moved to the middle of nowhere and I had to relearn what it meant to be alive.

Now I'm back at the age of forty two and I'm ready to live again.

---