Chapter 14

Kimora: I'm back

Kimora: I'm back.

2,000,000 likes ~ 9,000 comments

---

"Kimora you are continuing to sell out stadiums despite taking a two year hiatus from a year career." Jimmy Fallon looks at me in awe. "What is it like to still be the number one artist?"

"I wouldn't consider myself to be the number one artist." I wink at the audience who laugh. "I will say that it is really nice to be selling out big stadiums considering that I've been making music since I was twelve years old. As an artist, you're always trying to stay current while trying to remain true to who you are."

"Are you proud of your work thus far?" He asks and I pause for a moment to think.

"There are some things that I wish I would have done differently with my music but I am pretty content with it." I smile as a small montage of my album covers appear on screen. "My businesses are a different story as I have abandoned it as a whole over the past three or four years. I would like to find that passion again to start producing products that people will love."

"Have there been any opportunities that you have passed up?" Jimmy asks while leaning forward and I rub my lips together.

"There are many but I don't really want to get into all of that." I move my hair out of my face. "One of my bigger regrets is passing up the opportunity to play at the Superbowl a year after Michael's death."

I try not to cry as I think back to that dark period of my life as everyone reacts to my words.

"What?"

"I was contacted by the Superbowl in 2010 to perform at the Superbowl which I obviously would have accepted had it not been for the passing of my parents and Michael." I clear my throat. "I'm not going to cry."

Jimmy quickly hands me tissue as I start fanning my eyes as I remember how disassociated I became with life once I lost the people that I loved the most.

"Thanks." I sniffle before laughing a little. "There was so much going on during that period of my life that I did not want to commit to anything so I turned down their invitation twice so I know that they will never ask me again."