Chapter 15

Kimora: About last night

3,700,000 likes ~ 11,000 comments

---

My relationship with David is something that I value more than music at this point in time so we went into a fertility clinic to talk about our chances of conceiving. I am well aware that we are in our forties so before we actively start trying for a baby, I want to know what our success rates are.

"One week and we will know the results." I say while taking a sip of my iced latte. "How are you feeling about all of this?"

"It's somewhat surreal but if we really want this to work then it's better to know our chances." David responds as he parks in a near empty parking lot. "What are your thoughts?"

"That I really want to have a baby with you." I wink at him and he chuckles. "Having a family was something that I never thought about because I was married to the music but now that I have you in my life, I want it all."

"Well I'm glad that I could make you feel like that." David leans over to kiss my cheek before handing me the salad that I ordered. "This is really your calm before the storm."

"Once I release the album, things are going to be crazy so be prepared for a Kimora that you've never met." I set my drink down in the cupholder. "I will do a world tour but it won't be anything too crazy"

"Then when do you aim to conceive?" He asks while looking over at me. "I'm not trying to rush you but I want us to be realistic about the time frame because we're doing the tests now. Your whole music project will be ranging from a year and a half to two years."

The idea of starting a family with David sounds amazing on paper but the reality is that I am making my comeback. I cannot drop an album then disappear to start a family because that's not who I am and who knows how long I will be gone for. 

If I had met David years earlier then I would have used my two year hiatus to start the family that we are craving but I've only known this man for two years. There is not a ring in sight but I already know that I found my life partner in him which is why I want make it all happen now.

"If the test results are good then we can start trying immediately, I have no issue with postponing my album release or tour." My eyes widen slightly as I hear my own words. "I want to have this family with you."

"Kimora." David sighs while cupping my chin. "I want you to want it for you. I'm not going anywhere so if we have to wait a couple more years then I'm fine with that as long as you are at my side."

Silence fills the car as we start eating our food and I start to feel a little sad at how blessed I am to have found an understanding man. He knows almost everything about me which is more than anyone does and I have changed so much since meeting him.

"I want it all with you."

---