Chapter 3

Kimora: This is forty-two

I hope you enjoy my September issue with Vogue US.

4,000,000 likes ~ 13,000 comments

---

"My name is Kimora Tate Walker and this is story on my life

"My name is Kimora Tate Walker and this is story on my life."

I pause the video clip just before the next sequence can begin and I close my eyes as I prepare myself for what happens next. Creating a documentary on my life has been highly anticipated for many years but I was never one to talk about life outside of music so I never did it.

During my break, I had time to think and I wanted people to hear my side of the story from my perspective. It's very easy for your words or your interviews to be misconstrued but when I am able to provide never before seen footage, that changes the game.

Deciding to do a documentary was something that I had to keep to myself because I knew that unraveling my past could lead to me scrapping the entire project. I started off by clearing out a room in the home that I was staying in and arranging my life through cassettes and photographs in order by dates.

It took me almost two weeks before I was able to start watching what was on the cassettes and another week before I could bring it upon myself to start flipping through the images. Once I began, there was no stopping me and I was able to compile a timeline of my journey.

"I'm ready." I tell the small team that have been working with me to complete this documentary.

"Take your time." The editor gives me a small smile.

"I have never really been one to relive my life so to watch it seems so foreign to me." I laugh a little as a tear slides down my face. "Sorry." 

---

"There is nobody that I would rather perform this song with than the light in all of our eyes, Kimora." The biggest smile grows on my face as Lionel Richie welcomes me onto the stage. "There she is."

The roof of the stadium seems to blow up as the entire place with filled with cheers as I walk out onto the stage with a soft spotlight that follows me all the way over to Lionel. Once upon a time, we had an affair but that's a story for another day.