CHAPTER 70

Which is worse between a headache-inducing chatter and an irritating cry? In my case, it's hard to determine. Exhausted by both the sobbing duo and the annoying chatter, I was about to just spill the truth.

"Ah... manager, what do we do now? Because of the madman... that devil madman, we're going to be kicked out. Ugh."

Hansoo sobbed, clinging to the manager's arm, and the manager spoke with trembling lips.

"I knew the madman would cause trouble someday, but to get us kicked out like this... we're doomed, aaah."

I revealed the truth with a weary voice.

"Stop saying we're doomed. The madman is actually Directo..."

"No, I didn't ask for it, but why did he arbitrarily put you on the audition list and cause chaos! This madman!"

"That's right! That madman does things without being asked!"

They weren't listening to me. I couldn't speak loudly due to the pain with each word, but I had to this time, or I felt like I'd turn into a madman myself.

"Ah damn it, we're not doomed!"

I yelled, and the pain from my stab wound spread. Ah, that hurt. I waited for the pain to subside and noticed my surroundings had gone quiet. I struggled to open my eyes, and they were looking at me wide-eyed. Taking a breath, I spoke in my normal voice.

"We're not doomed. We won't get kicked out of the company. So, don't worry."

"H-how does Taemin know that?"

"Well, that madman is none other than Directo..."

"Hold on!"

The manager gestured for me to stop, then suddenly clutched the left side of his chest with one hand.

"Ugh... my chest... Haa, I was just too shocked by the news. Aaa."

Beside him, Hansoo gasped, and the manager weakly smiled.

"It's okay. It happens as you grow older. Now we just need to make sure we don't lose our jobs, right? Aaah... Taemin, continue."

"........."

"So, the madman is Directo...what?"

"The madman is close to Director Yoon."

"How close are they?"

".....They're like one body."

Upon hearing this, their faces immediately brightened, and they went back into praising Director Yoon mode.

"Wow, that's great! Even if we don't know about the madman, if it's the amazing Director Yoon, he won't just stand by and watch as the lover of someone he's close to be in danger. Right?"

"Of course! Director Yoon is a wonderful man! Hahahaha- I knew he was going to be of great help ever since he talked about Vilnius. Even the sudden itching on my chest due to neurodermatitis got completely better!"

What? Neurodermatitis? What nonsense. He wasn't clutching his chest because of his heart but because it was itching. I should have been more concerned about my stab wound than worrying about his heart. With faith in Director Yoon, the worry disappeared in a single breath, and the two of them excitedly rushed to the refrigerator, taking out leftover rice cakes from yesterday.

"Ah, I'm hungry after crying."

"Hehe, I'm hungry too."

They both eagerly ate rice cakes in front of me while I couldn't eat anything due to the pain. Then, as if something suddenly occurred to him, the manager asked while chewing on his rice cake.