CHAPTER 36

"Are you rich?"

The madman who got on first asked from behind as soon as I touched the first floor button on the elevator. I turned to see what he was talking about, seeing that the numbers for the third basement and first level that I had earlier tapped were red. Then he pointed to the button I pressed with his chin.

"You said that you didn't want to get in my car."

"What does me not wanting to get in your car have to do with money?"

I asked and then realized he meant taxi. This is why, bour... What was the phrase? Anyway, the wealthy. With my other hand, I took up my watch and tapped the scratched glass.

"The first subway train is runs at this time."

I raised an eyebrow. As I turned to look straight, something occurred to me. How dare you talk about the capital of Lithuania without even knowing this basic common sense? I was about call him idiot right away, but before I knew it, the elevator had stopped on the first floor and the doors were just opening. And then the madman passed me and got off first. Suddenly, I was left behind and was so dumbfounded that I couldn't get off, but the guy turned around and urged me.

"What are you doing?"

"Why are you getting off?"

"You said you'll take the subway?"

When did I? I just said that the first train was running now. I couldn't express my resentment because I was in a hurry to open the elevator door that was about to close again. However, through the open door, the madman spoke first.

"What's wrong? People like me, who are bour..."

He suddenly stopped talking, narrowed his eyes and looked at me.

"What is the slang term for a rich person that starts with 'bour'?"

At this moment, the resentment welling up inside me was also mixed with a little fear. Did the guy get blessed by a God to read people's minds?

"What is it called?"

"Bour.. jor?"

I knew I was wrong when I glanced into his wide eyes. I realized I'd missed my moment to tease the guy who began laughing with his hand against the wall.

Fortunately, it was early in the morning, so no one recognized me riding the subway with the famous Director Yoon. I exited the familiar third floor and dialed the manager's number. The signal did not go off several times, but his nervous voice could be heard.

"Where are you?"

[T- Taemin? I am sorry but I'm a bit...]

His voice shook slightly, toughened by tension. Perhaps he heard the news in the early hours and was summoned to the company. The announcement that he is the culprit will cause the sky to fall.

"I heard the news. I'm at work now."

There was silence on the other end of the phone, as if someone had stopped breathing, and then the manager spoke sternly.

[Taemin, I'm not like that.]

"I know. So I'm here. Where are you?"

I hung up the phone after hearing about the location from him and proceeded to the stairs.

I jumped up several floors at once, and when I got to the seventh story, I noticed the corridor leading to the executive suite. The manager stood with a tired expression inside the security door that blocked the hallway. He noticed me and opened the door from the inside, as if he was waiting for me.