CHAPTER 24

-Will he let me go-

The lightless building, stood in silence, as the windows reflected the departing workers in the dark. Perhaps it was because of the stillness of the towering lobby and the chilling atmosphere that had a particularly unsettling sensations of belonging to the lifeless. But why was it that at this hour when everyone was out of work, the madman was still at the company? It was only when I came here and was relieved that I didn't have to go to Alice's Labyrinth to meet the director that I had doubts. Even the first time we met, it was not surprising that it was also at the company, but I felt uneasy he was a shareholder. The fact that he had a unique relationship with Director Yoon and had access to the company's affairs was also entangled at some point. I can't undo this knot, but it feels like a big deal.

Despite this, he normally had enough elements to make me nervous, so I went up to the rooftop he told me to come, in a fighting stance as usual. I've mentally prepared myself as to whatever he could possibly say to me. So that I won't be surprised this time, but it was all for nothing. When I found him, I was again stuck in another unpredictable situation.

Upon the rooftop bench there was a lying dark figure, the dim light that shone over the individual resting on the bench couldn't illuminate as to who it was but as I got closer, the figure was who I expected. The person lying on the bench was the madman.... Why was he sleeping here? I don't know if the fighting strength that i had earlier had collapsed, but even my vigor had disappeared. Even when I was looming over his face, he was still sleeping like that without moving anything but breathing.

Instinctively, I turned around to take a closer look at my surroundings. To check if there were any hidden cameras as to test me again? But on the overcast terrace, only a little chilly wind blew to cover the place. An empty space as well as the lobby. However, strangely, It did not feel empty at all, the mood was filled with something even I couldn't understand. Looking directly at the person who made me feel that way. I observed the man once more, how could he sleep in such an uncomfortable position. One of his legs were bent touching the back of the chair, and the other dangling off the seat.

The surprise in my heart had dissipated, my eyes fixed on his face along with my first thought. This is the only chance to get a close look at him in his defenseless state, but that creepy and annoying smiling face, when approached looked like a different person in his sleep.

Come to think of it, he's also quite handsome, when I first met him, i assumed he was some sort of celebrity. Looking down at his face as if seeing it for the first time, for a moment I had déjà vu. Huh?...... Why does it feel like I've seen his face from above before? I leaned closely to his face. After that, the vague feeling became stronger and stronger. It was really like I had experienced seeing it before...

Then a sudden force pulled me in causing my body to bend forward. Instinctively I reacted quickly to lift myself up, but because of the strong force that pulled me in I was pulled back first. Fortunately, I was able to resist by placing my hand on the back of the bench before I fell unsightly on top of him. This guy?! Wasn't he asleep?

"Let Go-"

I stuttered at the sudden surprise, but I regretted it soon after, not finishing off my sentences and not shaking his hand off... but it was because I was unable to, as I glanced at the resting madman who had grabbed me. His eyes remained closed, But as I tried to pull away he slowly raised his eyelids. His hazy eyes appeared as someone who had just woken up. He blinked a few times then stared at me again.

"... It was you?"

He said in a hoarse voice as he just woke up. My arm suddenly lost its strength to resist, all I thought was that is this guy a monster? He could even sense other people presences while sleeping and he just instinctively reached out his hand? While I was busy deciding whether he was a monster or not, he slowly rose up from his previous position whilst holding my wrist. I retreated in response to him standing up but he then pull my hand back, a nonchalant voice stopped me.