CHAPTER 64

"Taemin."

When the shooting was briefly interrupted due to Myung-shin storming out, the manager approached me. Disregarding the lingering looks from the staff, I answered with a simple 'yes' and could sense the concern in his voice.

"What did Myungshin mean by 'competition' a moment ago?"

I hesitated, wondering how much I should explain to the manager. While I had intentionally provoked Myungshin to make it clear that I was unfazed, but honestly, I didn't think the madman would actually put me in a casting competition.

Although he claimed he show evidence, it was likely a ruse to stir up rumors that would eventually reach Myungshin. Therefore, I saw no immediate need to divulge this to my manager. Myungshin, who had stormed off, was returning, so a detailed explanation was unnecessary at that moment.

"I'll tell you later."

After the manager departed, I observed Myungshin having his makeup touched up. A petite stylist struggled to reach him and dabbed a puff on his face. Throughout this process, Myungshin maintained an unrelenting glare directed at me.

Eventually, the filming started. The PD's signal transformed the previously bustling set into a hushed environment. Given that the camera was capturing both Myungshin and me in one shot from the far end of the room, we were tasked with acting out this scene. I initiated the scene, following the rehearsed steps, bending down to retrieve the coffee I had already taken from the vending machine.

However, footsteps emanating from the lounge area interrupted my delivery. Just as I was about to proceed outside with my coffee, I spotted Myungshin entering and stopped mid-motion. My role merely required me to deliver my lines, but I couldn't even utter the final syllable '결' from the word 'marriage' before the scene was disrupted.

Myung-shin was supposed to stop right in front of me, but he kept moving forward as if he was charging at me. Although I tried to step back a bit, I couldn't completely evade his actions. My efforts to prevent a collision were in vain, and I bumped into him while holding the cup of coffee.

SPLASH—

Fortunately, I had leaned back far enough that only my arm was splashed with the dark coffee. Of course, Myungshin, who had skillfully sidestepped to the side, remained unscathed.

"This is why I didn't want to act with a rookie. Can't you even deliver one damn line properly? And why spill coffee like a moron?"

While people's gazes were directed disapprovingly at Myungshin, he remained unruffled, casually taunting me. What altered the atmosphere was the irritated voice of the PD.

"Go change your clothes over there. We'll take a break from filming for a while..."

Nevertheless, Myungshin interrupted the PD's words.

"Director, I don't have time. I have another filming schedule tonight. Can you replace him with someone else or just skip this scene altogether? It's not necessary, right?"

The PD's expression shifted slightly, but she managed to keep her discomfort hidden and spoke hesitantly.

"It's not absolutely necessary, but it's a scene we shouldn't cut. Isn't this the scene that illustrates Song Yoohan's struggles with his marriage? So, please bear with us. Please change your clothes quickly..."

"Director, I'm really busy."

Myungshin interjected, his expression devoid of emotion.

"If it's a scene of agony, a monologue is enough. Please replace it with a solo window scene I can do. Why should I wait for an extra like him to change clothes?"