CHAPTER 27

I felt upset. Did I show up in a mascot suit for no reason and make him feel better by meaning the opposite? I turned around as soon as I remembered it and looked around the office where he was.

Was he obsessed with mascot costumes?

As there was a terrifying speculation that the madman might be like that, a chill ran down my spine. There was this unsettling feeling when these confusing situations kept piling up inexplicably. Because I was busy today, I left the office with a warm greeting from the guy who advised that we go through the price starting tomorrow, but the feeling of being possessed did not disappear. Did I say something wrong? I said he had to pay and he really said he would pay, didn't he? It was completely unexpected and unimaginable to me.

Was he going to convert millions of won for ten won and toss it at me if I asked for money? The worst-case scenario was already running through my mind. I put the doll mask back on my head as I stood in the elevator hall, but I heard a small sob in my ear. When I turned around, I heard it at the end of the corridor, near the bathroom sign. Ah, Chief Park. I heard crying in the only closed compartment as I went into the restroom, remembering him that I had forgotten about.

"Ewh uhhhh... My baby... sent me stones... uhhh, heh, heh, heh! S-since I only work overtime every day, stones, stones... What would I do if you leave me now, Honey?"

BANG!

I kicked the door hard, and Chief Park, who was sitting on the toilet lid, looked at me in panic as if having a convulsion.

"Heo-ek! What, w-why are you here?"

He huddled in terror when a massive mascot burst through the door and stood crookedly. I remarked quietly as I took the cake box he was holding.

"Wrong delivery."

As I turned to leave the bathroom, I heard the weak voice of Chief Park, who had come to after a while.

"... Huh?"

I left the building right after, now I didn't have to go to Alice's Labyrinth because I knew for sure there wouldn't be a madman there, but I still went there on purpose. There are too many strange things. He liked my voice in this mascot suit, right he's definitely a lunatic, but It was annoying that he was willingly overpaying me as well as the fact that I still haven't heard the truth about his name. No, it's true that I didn't ask because I was out of my mind.

However, I have a feeling that even if I ask him about this, it is unlikely that I will get a detailed answer. Surely there must be a reason as to why he reacted so strongly toward his name. So that is why I came here. Perhaps there was someone from whom I can hear part of the reason. Someone whose lying i could easily detect.

"Well then, you said you were curious about me?"

I asked if he had anything to say, and the boss brought up his business first.

"By the way, Baekwon, why didn't you come the other day?"

The other day... was the day I was taken by the sleepy madman to his house. Furthermore, the boss's edited text message emerged as a side leg.

"Didn't you get anything from Jay? Like a text message or something."

He narrowed his eyes at me. Since the other party was the person in front of me, I couldn't lie with that obvious expression of wanting to hear the truth.

"Yes, I did."

"What? Was it something like he came here because he missed you or something?

"You knew that, right?"