"......"

I then noticed the disheveled appearance of the two. Their clothes seemed crumpled, as if untouched for days, and their faces bore signs of neglect. The manager, now appearing significantly older, explained calmly.

"They conducted a brain scan, and there were no issues. The surgery was successful. However, the doctors were baffled by your prolonged unconsciousness. No specific reason could be identified, leaving them uncertain about how to proceed..."

The manager halted, as if holding back tears, and continued with a strained voice.

"We had no choice but to wait for you to wake up."

Hansoo chimed in quietly.

"I was really worried when you didn't open your eyes for so long. Too long... I thought something might have happened to you."

It had been an extended period. Perhaps it was inevitable that I needed to confront my brother, even if it was merely a figment of my own desires. Lost in contemplation for a moment, their sobbing persisted. I lifted my head and posed the most urgent question.

"How did I end up in the hospital?"

In response, both the manager and Hansoo shook their heads simultaneously.

"We're not sure about the details. I got in touch with Hansoo, and we rushed to the hospital. By the time we arrived, you had already undergone surgery and were in the intensive care unit."

"Who contacted you?"

Asking that question was prompted by a faint memory. I wondered if it was really the voice of the madman.

'Save him.'

However, the manager's response took a different turn.

"Director Park."

"........."

"Now that I think about it, we never asked how Director Park knew and reached out to us. We let it go because he's not one to readily share personal information."

As the manager hesitated, Hansoo posed another question from the side.

"Manager, there's also that. The hospital bill."

The hospital bill? I asked, and the manager nodded with an 'Ah.'

"Yeah, the hospital bill is strange too. I inquired at the billing office about the surgery and treatment expenses for this private room, but they said it's already been paid."

Listening silently, the manager seemed to recall something and added.

"I've heard from a nurse in passing. The person who first brought you to the hospital was a young man. You were stabbed... She mentioned that he brought you in, covered in blood. He told her to keep you alive and then left, and she was genuinely scared of him."

Hansoo also mentioned that he heard from a nurse about the frightening nature of that man, but it didn't register. One thing came to mind. How did he know and come to where I was? But the thought didn't last long. A word that came out of the manager with a sobbing voice caught my attention.

"It's truly a miracle that you survived."

As I turned my head, he continued with tearful eyes.

"The doctor explained that the bleeding was severe, but the knife that pierced your abdomen miraculously avoided vital organs. It's truly a miracle."

Miracle. The fact that I'm alive is considered a miracle. I brushed aside these words and shifted my focus to a more pressing issue.

"Do you know of anyone else who got hospitalized along with me? Another actor from our company."