Everyone glared at her, especially Travis.

    "A burial sounds like a great idea, Laura Lee," Jackie responded, and Laura Lee gave her a grateful smile.

    Everyone was up for another day in the wilderness. All of us covered in dirt, mud and grass stains.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

    The day consisted of everyone digging holes in the ground to bury the bodies in. Luckily, the soil was soft and easy to dig through without shovels.

The whole time I watched Nat roll her eyes at Lottie and I, who were helping each other all day. The work was hard and we were all sweating and thirsty and very hungry.

    Once we finished the graves a few hours later, we performed somewhat of a service.

    "Before we took off, I heard Rachel say that she was going to see Oasis at the Meadowlands next month. She was really excited. And she's never gonna hear "Wonderwall" again."

    Rachel was on JV, I thought. To be honest, I lost count of who was coming on this trip, I was far too focused on Lottie, when maybe I should've been more focused on the game.

    "Come on. Let's join hands. We'll pray for them," Laura Lee said, and all of the girls grasped hands.

    I held onto Lottie's and squeezed it tightly.

    "Rachel, you just moved up from JV, so we didn't really know you. But, in Trig, you never confused your secants and your cosecants. You seemed really smart."

    "Anyone else?"

    "I saw her carry a flute case once."

    "Oh, Lord," Laura Lee prayed, "please accept Rachel Goldman into your arms so that she may fill your kingdom with music. Please accept Coach Martinez into your glory, too, and flight attendant Janet, pilot Robert, pilot Fred. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death. Take me to your kingdom, Father. Reunite me with your love. Send me your Spirit."

    As annoying as Laura Lee's faith could be, it really blanketed a comfort that surrounded the group. We all felt more secure, more relaxed, though just the slightest bit.

    I noticed Javi crying, silently. But Travis didn't bother to help him, he just stood there with his head down.

    Shauna offered her condolences and hugged Javi, which made me feel warm. I don't even think Jackie had even noticed what Shauna had been doing the last few days, that she was up significantly early, that she was always soothing Javi, that she was even her own person.

    "Okay," Taissa declared, "I'm going to head out to search for any kind of water source, or town or anything. I won't be going far, but far enough to try to find at least something."

    "Be careful, okay?" Van said, concerned.

    Tai just smiled.

    "I'll be good, I should be back in a few hours, way before dark. In the meantime, you guys should probably figure out a food situation."

    She took her game water bottle and departed into the trees. Van gazed at her, longingly.

We all looked around at each other. No one wanted to say it, but Taissa was right. Our food supply was getting low and no one had come to rescue us yet. No one wanted to ration the food, because that meant that everything that was happening was real.

"Maybe we regroup in an hour? To gather and ration our food?" I suggested.

    Everyone mumbled in agreement, except for Lottie, who verbally supported me in a meaningful manner, something that caused Natalie to look down at the ground and scuff her feet.