Chapter 24: hope

3rd person pov:
It's been 2 weeks since Izuku's reaction, shota had fallen into depression and hizashi lost his enthusiasm. People that knew izuku placed things liked flowers and cards on the side table near him.

Shota and hizashi took a break from teaching which was allowed by nezu, nezu understood the pain that the parents are experiencing.

Hizashi and shota had started to pray that izuku would by alright, they would pray that izuku will soon wake up and heal quickly, and that he can come home with them, and that he can eat katsudon with them and cuddle eachother while watching movies. They prayed that their wish would be granted.

Currently, hizashi and shota were at home, the docters told them that they had to go home, they said that they were falling into a broken state and they would need to go home to fix their mental health before coming back into Izuku's hospital room.

Hizashi was in the living room laying on the couch, he was cuddling with latte and tabby, the two cats were resting themselves on hizashi.

He sighed, shota was in their room, he hadn't left his room for 2 days, hizashi would have to bring his food up since he would not come downstairs to eat.

He knew that shota's mental health was on the verge of breaking so he decided to take things slowly with him, he needed to be the strong one in this case, he needed to be strong for shota, and izuku.

'It's past 8..what can I make for dinner?' He thought, he pulled out his phone and scrolled on his phone and looked on his saved recipes.

He scrolled on his phone until he saw a recipe, he stopped in shock, it was the katsudon recipe that he and shota made for izuku when he first came to their house.

Tears started to form on his eyes, he remembered that day so well, him and shota used recipe and made him katsudon the time izuku got adopted and started to live with them.

He didn't notice but tabby and latte started to lick his tears away, that made him a bit better, he petted the two cats and got up, he went to the kitchen and began to make katsudon for him and shota.

As he was making it, tears streamed down his face, he felt deja vu as he made the katsudon.

Once he was done, he put shota's bowl and put a glass of water on a tray and brang it to him, he carefully knocked the door.

"Sho? Foods ready, I'll leave it outside the door, please take it before it gets cold, I love you" he said placing the tray on the ground infront of the door.

He sighed as he went downstairs, he sat at the table with the bowl of katsudon infront of him, alone, he was eating alone, no husband with him, no son with him, he was alone.

He started to sob, he grabbed his head of hair in frustration and sadness, 'I have to stay strong, I can't cry, I'm fine, I'm fine, stop crying, sho is already in a fragile state, I can't be too, I need to support him as much as I can, I'm fine, I'm, fine..?' He kept telling himself in his head.

Shota's pov:
The stupid hospital staff forced me and mic to go home, they said that we aren't 'emotionally' or 'mentally' stable to be in the room with izuku so we have to get out act toegther at home.

That's such bullshit! I'm fine! We need to be with izuku, he's the only kid I truly care about!

We need to be there when he wakes up! He needs us! No..we need him..I need him..

I haven't came out of my room for 2 days, I haven't left since, mic had to sleep in the guest room because of me, I feel bad.

I'm laying in my bed right now scrolling on my phone, particularly photos, also particularly of izuku.

One photo was when we were at the beach with nemuri and nezu, hizashi, nemuri, nezu and izuku hurried me in sand when I was sleeping, they were all posing around me when they took that photo, izuku was on mic's shoulders.

Another photo was when izuku fell asleep with tabby and latte, it was so cute that mic took a picture.

Another photo was the time we tried painting, we got paint all over ourselves, in the photo I was attacking mic with paint as he was doing the same to me, izuku started to out paint on us too and we all started a paint fight.

One other photo was the time izuku made me and mic float in the air with him, I took a picture with the floating phone.

Tears started to form in my eyes as I scrolled at the pictures, I turned my phone off and got up from the bed, I looked myself in the mirror and examined myself closely.

My hair was in a messy ponytail, it looked tangled and needed to be combed. My eyes were puffy and red, at the same time there were dark circles under my eyes due to the lack of sleep I have gotten. I was wearing a hoodie and pajama pants. I looked awful, but I don't really care right now.

Just then I heard a knock at my door, it was mic.

"Sho? Foods ready, I'll leave it outside the door, please take it before it gets cold, I love you" he said, I heard him out something down on the ground and walk away.

I looked at the time, it was past 8, I waited for a few minutes before opening the door, I slid the food inside and closed the door shut.

I took a look at the food only too see katsudon, it's izu's favourite, it's the dish me and mic cooked for him once he first came to live it us.

My eyes were getting watery, I quickly rubbed the tears out, "I already cried enough for today.." I got up and took the bowl, I didn't bother eating it on my bed I just sat on the ground with my back on the door.

I know it's not much but I know izuku would be upset if I didn't eat the katsudon, I then finshed the bowl of katsudon, I was gonna leave it on ny dressers counter but I decided that it will be easier if I just took it down myself.

I walked down the stairs with the bowl in my hands, I walk to the kitchen to see mic doing the dishes, he glanced at me and smiled lightly, I knew it wasn't a warm happy smile, it was more of a 'please believe that I'm smiling' kind of smile but I didn't say anything.

"Let me do the dishes, you already did so much" I insisted, "it's ok sho, I don't mind" he said nudging him slightly. I frowned, I knew there was no reasoning with him. I laid my head on his shoulder and hugged his waist behind him.

"It's okay sho, stay strong, just be patience and izu will be right here by our side again okay?" He said reassuring me.

I hummed and kept my position, just then, I heard the phone ring, I groaned as I took my phone out of my pocket, I gasped, "MIC, MIC LOOK" I shouted, he looked at the phone with wide eyes, he quickly stopped doing the dishes and went by his side.

It was the hospital, the hospital Izuku's in, I answered it and placed it on speaker phone.

"Hi! Is this the parents of izuku Yamada Aizawa?" A nurse said in a happy tone.

"Yes this is us, is everything okay??" I asked concerningly, the nurse than replied,

"Izuku's waking up!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyy guysss! How's your day?? So I will be updating these books more often now! I just realized that alot of people actually like this book LOLL But yeah have a good day/night! Byee!💪

Word count: 1367