thirty one

Gia's Halloween Party...

Natalie had a number of ideas when it came to a costume for this year's Haloween. She had a list to remember what the options were, and lucky for her, she settled on something for Gia's party tonight. When Natalie first heard about it, she was unsure if she could make it since she and Jade had made plans to go out together. However, Jade had a change of plans and accepted 'gym guys' invitation to a party his friend had going on.

Natalie was invited, but choosing not to third-wheel, she also changed her plans. Jade was fine with it and understood, both of them wishing each other a fun night.

Natalie has been given the opportunity to meet 'gym guy,' and he seemed alright. The two didn't get the chance to really talk much since Natalie ran into him on her way out of Jade's place as he was on his way in.

Those two seemed to be doing well, Jade talking positively about him when he was brought up in the conversation.

Natalie loved every little thing she heard and was just happy that Jade was speaking to someone on that level.

But as for Tongiht, her thoughts were consumed, and Natalie felt slightly nervous about this party. It would be the first time since everything that Natalie would see everyone again, and she knew how tough they could be. She was preparing herself to be asked about why she tried keeping their family from them, anxious to even be here.

However, Sam told her she had nothing to worry about and that if someone said something, she should come to him. Family or not, he would defend her.

He has gotten better since last month, truly taking his time to get better. He didn't want to push it to the far back of his mind anymore, but he also didn't want to try to lump everything together and figure it out because then it'd be overwhelming.

Though it hasn't been easy, his family and his girlfriend managed to make him feel less like he was alone and defeated. He's taken time to look for someone to help with all the weight so he doesn't push his troubles onto others, seeking to find someone who was going to help him rather than aiming for a check.

And while he was at it, Natalie was searching for a therapist, too. She wouldn't have even started searching if Sam hadn't made a deal with her. He saw the way she was being avoidant of everything going on, so he told her the only way he would find someone was if she was right there looking for a professional for herself.

They both needed to get better, and in order to give each other their fullest potential and give that ten times more to their son, they had to work through their shit.

They promised each other this a month ago when he asked her to be his lady, his baby, and his beautiful girlfriend.

She was all in to move forward with him, and knowing that he felt the same way made her see that they were able to bounce back because, at one point, she never thought she'd see it.

Sam was currently lying back on Natalie's bed as she walked around to finish getting ready, their four-month-old sitting beside him. Luca kept rubbing his hand on Sam's face or using his gums to bite his father's cheek.

Sam kept stopping him and giving Luca his teether, but he only dropped it and went back to drooling on Sam.

"You have toys for that," Sam said to the little one, moving him again, causing Luca to let out a shout. Sam's brows raised, "don't yell at me," Luca did it again, "watch it," smirking at the little boy who rolled on his back and got fussy.

Luca was at the stage of making sounds when someone was talking to him, holding his head up on his own when someone held him. If he had a toy in his hand, he was swinging it around, eating at it or his hands.