twenty seven

Everybody Needs A Little Help...

Natalie took Luca's hand from her face and asked, "why do you insist on taking off my bonnet, little boy?" she asked with a huff as she had him against her chest. She was trying to stop him from taking her bonnet off while still on the phone with Alana.

Hearing the news that Kylan cheated on Alana, Natalie couldn't gather her thoughts on it. Kylan wasn't the type, but apparently people change, and sometimes in the worst way. Both Alana and Kylan were Natalie's friends, and many would find it hard to be there for the two. But Natalie was calling and checking in on Alana these days.

Kylan broke Alana's heart and then tried to put the blame on her and their distance.

we don't talk like we used to.

you were busy working all the time.

she was there when I needed her.

Kylan did everything but take accountability. An apology barely came from him; he was too busy trying to tell Alana how his cheating was a mistake and that the woman meant nothing. Kylan wanted Alana to forgive him and stay in New York, but when the second had the chance to leave the city, she did.

The girls were shocked to know and proud of Alana for landing a job with Nina, and they completely understood that their friend was just trying to escape her cheating ex.

Alana stayed up many nights crying, assuming she wasn't good enough and that something was wrong with her. Kylan was a friend before he was her boyfriend, so to experience him dog her out the way he did, she lost all trust in him.

It messed with her mentality.

She was blindsided, hurt, betrayed, angry, sad, and certainly didn't want a romantic relationship for a while. In her first week in London, she moved into a shared apartment that her parents helped her pay for. She had some money, but they were very helpful and wanted to assure her that she was good, especially after her heartbreak.

The London boys loved her, especially her neighbor, but she was too distraught to even become fixated on that.

With her being miles away, it was hard for her. Alana was alone in a new place, and she felt regret for just leaving everyone the way she did. Her friends told her over and over that it was okay. They'll find a way to come see her.

Kylan made an effort every day to call her and text her nearly every hour when she first left. He was experiencing heartbreak for hurting her and for her abruptly leaving, but no one cared. Cheating could not be shaken off.

Everyone was vocal about how they felt. Sitting in New York and smiling in his face as their friend cried her heart out in London was not an option.

"You want me to call you back?" Alana asked with a smirk, "you seem like you have your hands full."

Natalie shook her head, the little boy reaching out for her necklace and trying to put it in his mouth. She gasped and took it, "no, no. I'm here," she then eyed her son, "Luca, I swear to god," giving him a warning look, although he wouldn't get it.

But somehow, the little boy made a small giggle.

Alana chuckled, "you can call me back."

Natalie removed her necklace, saying, "no. How's work?"

"It's fun. I have to set up this show for her, and she's letting me put some of my work in there," Alana squealed, "she's the coolest boss ever."

"It crazy how one person was able to lead you here," Natalie said with a smile, turning Luca around to have his back face her front.