Beat Me Bleeding = Chapter 27

Heeeyyyy here's chapter 27!!

Also please answer this question what genre do you think Beat Me Bleeding should be in? 

Do you like the new cover ??? ----------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh and check out the song to the side, its got nothing to do with the chapter I just love it :D Its so cutteee :P 

=============================

Chapter 27

Abbie’s POV

“Dad, I can’t feel her around me anymore.” I said, my throat clenching as I gripped the urn tighter in my hands, “Usually she never leaves me, but now she’s gone.”

“Maybe she knows that you will get through this now.” Dad suggested, looking out on the glassy ocean.

“Will I?” I asked following his gaze; the sea looked beautiful. We couldn't have picked a better day... the air was just right, not too sticky, nor too frigid. The call of the gulls hanging around in the air was lucid and soft, and the sky was a brilliant blue, leaving the water's reflection below a crystalline blue-green rather than its normally murky color.

“Yes, we’ll get through this together.” He took my hand in his free one, and carried Ellie with the other. Ellie’s Blue eyes scanned the ocean and kept flickering everywhere, but she of course doesn’t know what’s going on.

The boat rocked smoothly underneath us, “Are you sure you want to do this?” Dad asked, glancing at mummy’s ashes in my hands.

“Definitely. It’s what she wanted.” I mumbled, making my way to the edge. The brisk wind blew my blonde hair back, almost as if so I could get one last look at the only thing I’d have left to remember my mum.

I remember when I was twelve, mummy told me she wanted her ashes spread out into the ocean, and I promised her that I would do that for her. Harry always insisted that his ashes be mixed with hers. But I would never do that to mummy... I wouldn’t let her ashes, her sole tie to the mortal world, be poisoned with his presence forever.

I carefully grabbed a handful of ashes in my shaky fingers, and sprinkled them into the ocean, watching them fly away in the perfect, gentle breeze.

“There you go mummy, now you’re free forever, just like I promised.” I whispered over and over to myself until the urn was empty. 

==========================

(C) Tara Rattigan