chapter-19

Izuku bid Katsuki and his friends farewell, going to meet with Iida. A quick text to his mom gave the impression he was still at work. Boarding the right bus, he let Iida know his location, allowing him to prepare for his arrival.

Once Iida opened the door, Izuku invited him inside; he briefly recounted the ongoing struggles behind closed doors in the familiar comfort of his place. Izuku spared his best friend the need to retell the story since he had already confided in Katsuki, who had responded to Izuku's feelings more swiftly than anticipated, resulting in an unexpected kiss on the beach.

As Iida took in the details, a mixture of understanding and concern played across his face. Grateful for Iida's presence, Izuku felt relief knowing he could lean on his friend during these challenging times. The two settled in, ready to navigate the complexities of life together.

"It's been challenging to keep this from you, but... you have to understand that discussing this wasn't easy," Izuku confided, wiping a tear from his cheek with his sleeve.

"Hey, it's okay. You can share whatever you want whenever you're ready; this is a safe space," Iida reassured, motioning for Izuku to come over for an embrace.

Iida enveloped him in a tight hug. "These situations are never easy to bear, so I completely understand your hesitance to open up. But I'm glad you did," he whispered into Izuku's ear, acknowledging the quiet cries.

"I just want to be happy, Iida. I want a relationship and a family that doesn't hurt me..." Izuku cried out, forming fists and lightly punching Iida's shoulders, his face buried deeper into Iida's chest.

"And you will, sweetie. Be patient; they'll come when you least expect it," Iida comforted, lifting him bridal style and carrying him into his bedroom. 

Iida gently laid him down on his bed. "Take an hour's nap, and when you wake up, there'll be food with your name on it," he said, kissing Izuku on the forehead. 

As Izuku drifted into a much-needed nap, Iida quietly left the room, closing the door with a soft click. In the dim light of the hallway, he took a moment to collect his thoughts, understanding the weight of his best friend's struggles.

Wanting to ensure Izuku would awaken to a comforting atmosphere, Iida ordered some takeout pizza to be delivered to his place. The aroma of warm, familiar food would surely lift Izuku's spirits. While awaiting the delivery, Iida retrieved his phone from the small living room.

Iida dialed a familiar number with determination, inviting a close friend to join them. This friend, well-acquainted with Izuku, would provide additional support and understanding. As the phone rang, Iida contemplated the significance of surrounding Izuku with familiar faces during this challenging time.

After a brief conversation, Iida secured the friend's commitment to join them. With everything falling into place, he returned to the kitchen, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the pizza and the trusted friend who would undoubtedly offer Izuku a sense of comfort and familiarity upon awakening.

After a while, a soft knock echoed through the apartment, signaling the arrival of the anticipated pizza delivery. Iida swiftly opened the door to reveal Todoroki standing there calmly. Todoroki, another of Izuku's best friends, stepped inside, acknowledging Iida with a nod.

Iida greeted him warmly, "Hey, Todoroki. Thanks for coming." Todoroki nodded in response, understanding the unspoken gravity of the situation.

Todoroki was Izuku's friend way before Iida came along. They met at summer school one day and were inseparable; it was the only thing Izuku's mother ever let him have. At seven, Izuku started feeling weird about girls and boys. He'd look at girls and get grossed out, but when he looked at the boys, he smiled like he felt comfort