36: The Past Chronicles

"Jelly? What are you doing here?" Nico asked, eyeing the levitating figure beside him.

"I heard you talking about Henwy being a leader. That's true though," Jelly replied, crossing his arms and legs.

"Can you tell us more?" Zud asked, the curiosity evident in his voice.

"Sure, we can!" Someone said from behind Sigils, leading Sigils to scream.

"UWAH!" Sigils exclaimed. The person who scared him was Crainer, the Guardian of Heaven.

"Oops, sorry, I scared ya," Crainer apologized.

"Why are you the way you are?" SSundee asked, still unamused at his antics.

"When Slogo, the former assassin vice leader, took the leadership since the assassin leader died, he declared to disband the assassins," Jelly began.

"But Henwy didn't want him to give up just yet," Crainer continued. "He wanted to continue the assassin legacy and find more good assassins that are stronger than that batch to defeat the serial killers."

"Wait. Was Henwy in the 2015-2020 batch?" GarryBlox asked.

"Not really. Henwy joined in 2020 when Phil invited him to the assassins. So he's not part of it; you're only part of it when you're an assassin for a year in that batch," SSundee confirmed.

"Since Slogo saw the potential of Henwy, he declared him the assassin leader when everyone left after their 'last meeting'," Crainer continued.

"Henwy was happy; however, he thought he never had the potential to be one, as he thought he might screw things up," Jelly stated.

"That's not true; he's a literal legend," Kate replied. "He once beat all of us in an 8v1 battle!"

"Not to him. He thought he was too young to be one, as he became an assassin at the age of 18, way before any of you joined," Crainer replied.

"And to join the assassins, he had to be an adult, so he couldn't join. But somehow, since he had great potential, they allowed him to join."

"That is true that Henwy joined first," Jerome confirmed.

"And that also marks him as the youngest person ever to join the assassins," Mitzefy added.

"Henwy thought he was worthless, useless, stupid, untrustworthy, pathetic, and never deserved the role of a leader," Crainer replied.

"And another reason that Henwy made Ian the leader was that SSundee was way older and more mature than Henwy, so he thought of making SSundee the leader instead," Jelly added.

"But why would he think that?" Sigils asked.

"Maybe because of you bullying Henwy all day," GarryBlox reminded.

The Regulars' eyes widened, realizing their mistakes.

"Does he take our sarcasm seriously?" Biffle inquired.

"Isn't it obvious?" Zud asked. "Except for Nico, though; he doesn't bully Henwy that much. He just sits in silence. It mainly focuses on Biffle and Sigils."

"Henwy told me about his backstory the other day. It's sad," SSundee replied.

"Well um, do you mind sharing it?" Nico requested.

"Henwy was bullied in high school. He was bullied by kids of high-ranked serial killers, so he knew not to mess with them and allowed them to mess with him. Wisp, Jagster, and ShadowApples were his only companions, and they were assassins. When they faced them, it was announced that they lost, and it made Henwy mad."

"When Henwy met the bullies again, he beat all of them up, and they suffered serious injuries that one of them ended up dying. When the principal, Phil, who was also an assassin in disguise, offered Henwy to join the assassins, Henwy agreed, and that was the reason why he joined the assassins," Crainer explained.

"And to get revenge on a certain somebody, but he never told us who," Jelly added.

"But Henwy was committed to the assassins; that's one thing for sure," Kate replied.

"That's one thing I can agree to," Mitzefy replied.

After the meeting, the Regulars thought of something that they would never get the answers to.

Why does he take everything they say sarcastically seriously?