10: Time is Precious

"I've told you many times, stop researching so much! What are you, Albert Einstein?" SSundee chided.

The Regulars groaned. "Sorry..." Sigils replied.

"But just... an hour...? Please...?" Biffle pleaded.

SSundee first looked at them with a fierce look, but looking at them pleading him with their puppy eyes, he agreed, but only for an hour, and made Ambrew and Jerome keep an eye on them.

When SSundee left the room, Garry followed him behind.

GarryBlox looked at SSundee in despair and said, "I don't know how long we can keep this secret."

SSundee sighed and placed a reassuring hand on GarryBlox's shoulder. "As long as we don't speak about this and no one knows about this, we can keep it a secret," SSundee said, reassuring him.

One day, another serial killer was detected near their secret hideout. Biffle and Ambrew were assigned to end their life.

And the serial killer happened to be someone they knew, Russell, SSundee's former associate who had betrayed him.

As they battled intensely, suddenly, a portal appeared behind Biffle, and a hand came out from the portal, dragging Biffle through it. Biffle screamed, and Ambrew yelled back, demanding Russell to tell him what he's done to Biffle, but Russell claimed he didn't know anything, and Ambrew raged and lunged at him.

Meanwhile, in a blank white room, Biffle was forced to run with a man who had grabbed his arm. "Who are you?! And where am I?" Biffle asked, bewildered. The man turned around, and Biffle immediately recognized him—LoafX.

"Loaf?! What are you doing here?! And where are you taking me?" Biffle asked. LoafX kept quiet and continued to run in a certain direction, keeping Biffle confused.

But LoafX finally broke the silence by explaining his role. "I'm sorry I had to bring you here. I'm the Time Guardian's secretary, and he has tasked me to bring you to him because you're assigned a mission to reverse the future."

Is this what Sigils meant? Biffle thought.

"Yes, it is what Sigils meant," LoafX replied.

Biffle was stunned. "Did you just read my mind?"

"People in the afterlife can read the minds of the living because they're blessed with angelic and devil powers," LoafX explained.

"How did you know about what I said?" Biffle asked.

"Pat told me everything. After all, he sends me the information about the living for me to send messages to the Time Guardian," LoafX replied.

After running for what seemed to be an eternity, LoafX let go of Biffle's arm and allowed him to collapse on the ground as he was exhausted.

"Why did we have to run for so long? Can't you just fly or something?" Biffle exclaimed.

"Oh right, I forgot about that, heh," LoafX sheepishly replied.

As Biffle prepared to scold him, he looked up and saw a tall figure with distinctive features - brown hair with a streak of yellow, yellow eyes, yellow and blue wings, and a white suit from chest to ankle.

"Hello, I've brought the person you've asked for," LoafX replied, greeting him.

I'm assuming this is the Time Guardian... Biffle thought.

But when Biffle zoomed in on his vision, he realized the Time Guardian was someone familiar.

...

...

...

"...Henwy?"