[Season 2] Part 12 - The Deal

Start from the beginning

I smiled bitterly then shook my head. Then Doctor Sintia came closer to me and grabbed my shoulder.

"Don't try to deceive God, Mia. I also know that you still love him."

I turned to look at her. "But what if it's the other way around? What if Marc and I weren't made to be together? If we date again, we'll only hurt each other again."

Doctor Sintia chuckled. "Didn't you see the signs? You said you broke up with your fiancé, so did he. Then he came here to meet you. God must have guided him."

She stroked my shoulder gently. "Go back to him, Mia. Don't make God angry by not following God's plan."

I can't say anything else. My lips were locked tightly in my confusion. It took me a while to be able to step foot into the mess. When it was getting late, I decided to go to bed early.

I hate the fact that I have to wake up because of a nightmare. While I was still gasping for air, I saw that the sky outside was still dark. I don't know what time it is, and the wall clock in my mess room is off.

It doesn't matter if I have to look at the clock on my cellphone which is on the nightstand. But the nightmare just now made my body feel numb. I think it was the worst nightmare I've ever had. Vaguely remembering it made my arms and legs tremble again.

I quickly looked away and forced myself to squirm. Once quite satisfied, with a lazy movement I checked the time on my cell phone. It turned out it was almost dawn. I thought I shouldn't bother trying to sleep again and struggling with the nightmare just now. After all, the day has changed. That means activities will start as usual.

I moved my muscles and joints for a while. I haven't been able to sleep well for months. After showering, I walked to the kitchen. I intend to make breakfast with the hospital cook.

There were two people, both women. Fifi and Pen. Fifi is quite stocky, while Peny is quite thin with wire teeth. They were genuinely nice to me―not because I owned the hospital. We are usually able to sink hours into cooking food for the kids. Chicken soup, smooth porridge with shredded chicken, fish or shrimp, several desserts such as colorful jelly, to peanut cakes and brownies.

Doctor Sintia came at eight o'clock and asked Peny to make coffee. She saw me and greeted me. We chatted for a while and she reminded me to have breakfast, after that she came out of the kitchen with her coffee.

I like cooking. And without me realizing it, Doctor Sintia had entered the kitchen again, which meant it was eleven o'clock in the afternoon. She usually comes during breaks to help herself to some snacks she likes.

"Oh, are you still here?" she asked.

I nodded while smiling. My hands are still busy mixing the cake dough.

"Aren't you from dawn? Get some rest, Mia."

Without reducing my respect for her as a doctor and friend, I just agreed indifferently. Because actually I can't just keep quiet. That would make me think about bad things again. Actually, I don't know what I was thinking. What was clear was that it would make me daydream and in the end, Doctor Sintia dragged me back to the psychiatrist's office.

I know she's worried about me. Actually, I'm also worried about myself. My stomach started to rumble. But I'm too lazy to eat. So I just greedily licked the cake dough that stuck to my fingertips.

Shortly before Doctor Sintia left the kitchen, several children, around 5 boys, came running into the kitchen. That's Kim―she's about 7 years old, since he was a baby he's had back and forth transfusions at this hospital so I recognize him.

If you think from his name, Kim has narrow eyes and pale white skin, you are wrong. Because he one hundred percent has big, round black eyes like marbles. His skin is brown and his hair is bright red. But not because it was polished. This was due to complications from the disease he was suffering from.