[Season 2] Part 5 - A Slap

Start from the beginning

"Heh! That cake is expired!" Alex said.

I just grinned not caring and continued to chew it until it was finished. Everyone looked at me strange and worried. Then Jose got up from his place.

"Okay, I think I'll look for stomach medicine for him first. Excuse me," he said and left us.

"Seriously, Marc. Do you want to be single again?" asked my father. "Weren't you going to marry her?"

I nodded quickly to answer his question--- his second question, not the first.

"I just want... to give her time to think. I want her to return to the way she was before," I said.

"You told her that?" asked my father.

This time I shook my head. "But I think she understands."

"I don't think so," replied my father.

I frowned then looked at him.

"If she had understood, on the first day you broke up with her, she would have changed her appearance to the way she used to and instead of hanging out with other men until now," said my father. "She must think you no longer love her and don't want her anymore."

I almost choked. It's true that I was shocked to death, I really didn't think about that.

"I think they're just friends. Yes, Vinales did try to date Mia, but now he has a girlfriend and Mia won't be interested in him," I said, trying to be calm.

"Are you sure?" my father asked quickly.

I was silent for a moment. Then a second later I realized, I didn't have an answer to reply to him.

My father took a deep breath. "I advise you as my son, Marc. Talk to her nicely, say what you want that you still love her, but you want her to change."

"No," I answered quickly. "I've been under her control for too long." I averted my gaze and stared blankly at the ground. "All this time I felt that my love was greater than her love. It was as if I was always the one fighting here, Papa. I was the one always begging."

My father and Alex turned silent now. Looking at me concerned.

"Now let her suffer and then realize her love for me. I want her to beg me to come back to her," I said.

My father nodded. "Yes, she will, Marc because I'm sure she really loves you."

I leaned back on the sofa, a little relieved to hear my father's words until he continued.

"But if there is a man who fills the void in your heart, you will lose her forever," concluded my father. After that he got up and walked out of the room.

"You'd better listen to Papa's words, Marc," said Alex.

I let out a harsh sigh. "You don't know anything about serious relationships, Alex. It's better if you just keep quiet."

Alex laughed loudly. "I do like changing girlfriends, but I know what true love is."

I chuckled. "How could a snotty kid know that it's true love? You're just babbling."

"Eh? I'm the same age as your girlfriend!" Alex said, then sat near me. "If I found someone like you found Mia, I really wouldn't let her go, Marc." Now Alex's voice turned serious.

"Yeah, I don't want to let go of Mia either, Lex. You know that." I folded my arms in front of my chest and closed my eyes tightly. "But I just want her to realize she loves me too. I just want her to ask me."

Alex let out a harsh sigh. "Okay. As you wish."

Suddenly the door to the room opened. For a moment I thought it was Jose who came back with stomach medicine for me, but what I saw was a woman coming into the room now.