[Season 2] Part 1 - ALYA

Start from the beginning

She widened his eyes, then smiled. "I hope someday I can ride a motorbike too."

"Yes. Of course you can, Alya," I answered.

She ignored my words and instead turned her gaze to Mia. "Mia look, I drew you," she said while showing the drawing.

On the drawing paper there is a picture of someone who looks like Mia, using a guitar, wearing a light blue dress, then beside her there is a small child holding Mia's hand wearing a pink dress. The picture was very simple, but clear, that it was Mia and Alya.

"Gosh, this is great, Alya. Thank you," Mia said while hugging Alya. Her eyes filled with tears.

Then Alya took a black crayon and looked at me. "Now I will draw you," she said to me.

I am surprised. She scratched her crayon on the drawing paper. She drew me next to Alya's character.

Alya draws so clearly. She's talented. The picture is good and looks like me.

I am pictured exactly as I am wearing now, blue jeans and a black leather jacket.

"Well, that's finished. What's your name, Mister?" she asked while taking a red crayon.

"Marquez... Marc Marquez," I answered.

"Mister Marquez," she said, writing it under my picture.

I smile. "Your drawing is very good, Alya. You will definitely become a great painter in the future."

She shook her head with a smile, then looked at Mia. "I don't want to be a painter. I want to be like Mia."

Mia was surprised to hear that. Then her smile slowly widened, she hugged Alya. Tears dripped from the corners of her eyes.

"Yes, Alya, I promise when you grow up you will be like me. Even more than me," said Mia.

Alya hugged Mia back. The IV tube pulled a little, but she didn't care. She still hugged Mia tightly.

"I promised you I wouldn't be afraid, Mia. I'm not afraid," said Alya.

Mia cried even more when she heard that. "Don't be afraid Alya. I'm here with you."

I blinked, I only understand now. What makes Alya afraid, what makes Mia afraid. Future. Can Alya still have it? They were both scared about it. Suddenly my heart jolted, it felt so painful. I'm stupid, I just realized this.

Slowly the two released their embrace. Then Alya looked at me again. She was calm now.

"Mia, are you and Mister dating?" she asked.

Mia was surprised, then looked at me. She smiled, wiping her tears, Mia looked at Alya again. "Can you keep a secret, Alya?"

Alya nodded.

Then Mia whispered to Alya, but I could still hear it.

"Yes." She smiled, then glanced at me.

I smiled broadly. Alya was surprised and then smiled too. Then Mia put her index finger to her lips.

"Ssshuuttt..."

Mia motioned to Alya so that Alya could keep the secret. With a sweet smile, Alya imitated Mia while looking at me. I'm laughing.

***

Time flies quickly, visiting hours are almost over. We moved on. Mia hugged Alya as a goodbye. Mia kissed Alya's head non-stop.

After finishing, Alya looked at me. She smiled a little smile at me.

I smiled back at her and moved closer to her. Now that she was leaning against a green hospital pillow, she looked tired.