Chapter 17 Escape

Start from the beginning

Gravekeeper(mind): Us.. weak..? It....can't be...

The Gravekeeper's body was then fully encased in ice, now shattering into smaller pieces. All while this happened, Esdeath had a bored look, her amusement now unsatiated.

Esdeath: .....For the last man standing, that was awfully quick. Hey. Aren't there any stronger guys here?

Esdeath turned her head to a Female Gravekeeper that was already encased in ice.

Female Gravekeeper: Eeh?! Th-There's the boss...b-but I don't think he's as strong as you...

The girl was cut off, Esdeath walking over to her encased body, the icy blue-haired general kicking it. The ice shatters, causing the female Gravekeeper to split into smaller parts. She then stomps her foot, shattering some of the ice fragments below her before she looked around the room, looking at her handiwork.

Esdeath: Those with fragile hearts are now fun. They surrender so quickly. I suppose I'll return to the battlefield. I'll leave the tasty part to the lackeys.

(Elsewhere)

Back with the surviving Elite Seven, Ryu, Akame, Green, Kurome, Gin and Natala look delighted to hear that reinforcement had come.

Weneg: The Gravekeepers have been wiped out...we lost...

Ryu: Reinforcements have arrived.

Green: Now we can go home.

Weneg: Fools... I won't let you leave here...alive. and I won't give you our treasure. If I...if the boss dies...then this mausoleum...will...

Green: What's he talking about...

Ryu: You son of a—

Ryu had realized the implications of Weneg's words

Ryu had realized the implications of Weneg's words. Before he had time to told the others, the whole tomb began to crumble and shake. That's when it clicked in their heads. Since Weneg was down to his last legs, he's was going to attempt to take them all down with him. Some of the debris from above begins to fall, some of the falling on Weneg, crushing him to death. Now, the Elite Seven were now high-tailing it out. Should they stay, they would be buried alive with the enemy.