The First Snow Day

Alex's eyes fluttered open as a new sense flew through the air. She carefully sat up as she noticed something was different around the base. She rubbed her eyes carefully, pushing her legs over the side of the bed. Her eyes scanned the clock beside her bed, reading an early hour in bright red lights.

She made a soft hum, almost to show the clock she acknowledged the time before she carefully stood up. Her wife stayed in bed, continuing to sleep while the red head leaned against the wall. Her metal arm rested against the wall, letting her yawn as she walked to the door. The floor felt cold on her feet, colder than usual as she opened the door.

The jedi pressed the button, letting the door swing open in front of her. Soft light grazed her face from the hallway. A golden hue bouncing on her cheeks as she entered the hall. Her feet lightly stepped down the hallway, being almost silent.

She was barely awake, following a feeling, an instinct almost. She felt like her body was almost guided down the hallway towards the ship's hangars. Guided through a dark and lonely hallway.

Alex passed by bunks, training rooms, equipment, and more. Just wandering past them without a sound.

Her hand moved towards another panel on the wall. She pressed her hand to the button, watching the door slide open into the hangar. It was darker than usual, no light shown in from the windows outside.

"The sun is still down..." She mumbled to herself, stepping into the hangar. Her feet pressed into concrete floors below her, being colder than the metal ones inside. "No heat..." She shivered, feeling the cold air against her skin. She walked past the ships, x-wings sitting in the silence, front covering their windshields.

Her feet brought her to the hangar door. She felt a compulsion to open the door, like something called to her on the other side. Alex reached for the handle on the door, gripping its cold metal in her right hand. She carefully pulled the door open, a rush of cold wind blowing against her cheeks.

White powder dusting the base in front of her eyes. It looked as if powder sugar had been dusted over the world in front of her, shining in the moonlight. "Wow..." She whispered, unable to look away from the beauty in front of her.

In the light of the lanterns, Alex could see something fall from the sky, landing on the small piles of white in front of her. She stood in the doorway, just staring out the door at the world.

"It's early for you" A voice spoke from behind her, she didn't even need to turn to know it was her wife.

"Yeah but something felt off, thought I should check it out" A warm mug was pushed into her arm. "That was fast" She replied, grabbing the mug as she finally looked at her wife.

"You've been up for a good ten minutes, love, I got up when you got up" The redhead gave a small nod as she sipped at her coffee. She looked back to the outside world around her. "So, why are we out here?"

"I've never seen this before" Lyra looked to her wife.

"What?"

"I've never seen this before..Never in my entire life" Silence filled the hangar, something even deeper than silence.

"It's called snow...When it gets really cold, it snows on certain planets. It's like rain but colder" The togruta wrapped her arms around the human's waist. "You've never been on a snowy planet before? Even during the clone wars?"

"Maybe once..but I really don't remember" Her metal arm clicked and fidgeted as she mentioned the clone wars. "If I have seen snow, it's never been on a good day"

"Hey.." The red head looked to her wife, looking away from the snow. A hand reached her light skin, brushing against her cheek. "We'll make better memories in the snow. Especially when this war is over."

"I'm counting on it" Alex smiled, moving her coffee to her metal hand, wrapping her right around her wife. The two both looked outside once again. Golden rays shown from the horizon on the two.

"Have you even ever touched snow?"

"...I uh..I don't remember...So I guess not?" Lyra grabbed her wife's hand, unwrapping it from her waist. "What are you-" She carefully pushed the ginger's hand out of the doorway, immediately being pushed back. "I-I don't-"

"Hey...do you trust me?"

A shaky breath fell from Alex's mouth before she looked back to Lyra. "With my life." Her wife carefully pushed her hand out of the doorway. She opened her hand slowly, feeling flakes of snow drop onto her fingers.

"See, its okay"

"Its cold"

"Thank you general obvious"

"Well, I hope you don't mind the cold"

"What-" Suddenly the human picked up her wife, earning a scream in response. Alex rushed out into the cold snow, rushing into a pile of snow. The two landed on each other, wrapped in each other's arms. "Alex!" Lyra giggled into her wifes chest.

"See, it's okay!" She laughed back, holding her wife close.

"And it's cold!"

"Thank you general obvious"