Nimona Story :D

I just watched the movie so im having a Nimona brainrot rn :)

Nimona has a nightmare :(
Word Count: 736
Rating: 9/10
Finished
Warnings: sadness

Hours ticked by in Ambrosius, Ballister and Nimona's home. Shows flicked by as the three cuddled close, slowly falling asleep. Ambrosius and Ballister were cuddled in each other's arms, relaxed in each other's touch as Nimona laid on the opposite side of the couch. Bal looked over every so often, a small smile on his face as he saw how comfortable she was. He pulled a blanket off the back of the couch, laying it over the child. She gave a small, sleepy, smile as she cuddled into the blanket. Though the smile slowly diminished.

Nimona's eyes flashed open, immediately being forced close by a bright light. She raised her arm to block it, noticing her hands seemed to be smaller. She looked at her palms, finally realizing she was in her child form.

"MONSTER!" A man screamed in her face, forcing her to look up. The man disappeared into the darkness behind a sudden circle of fire. More voices screamed in her ears, they told her to go back to the woods, that she was vile, horrible, a monster. She wanted to cover her ears, begging for their words to stop.

A girl appeared in front of her, a sword pointed to her face. "Gloreth...Please... I'm your friend.." She reached out for the girl, pulling her hand away as the wooden sword was swung towards her. A look of anger, maybe disgust, fell into the blonde's eyes.

"Go back to the shadows from whence you came." She spat out with venom in her words.

"Gloreth..." The fire around them raged on, blowing towards the two. Out of fear, the shapeshifter covered her face for protection. By the time her arms moved down, she was alone again, surrounded by the fire and screams of the village people.

She pulled her arms away from her face once again, her hands being larger than before. She was in her teen form again.

"Go back to the shadows-" A new voice began. She knew it well, too well almost. It caused tears to swell in her eyes, her hands to shake. "From whence you came." The voice was just as angry as Gloreth. But this stung so much worse.

"Boss...?" Her voice shook as she looked to Ballister.

He raised his dark sword to her, "You know what you are. You monster." He spat out causing the tears to fall.

"Ballister-"

"You are a monster."

"I'm...I'm not-" The tears rolled down her cheeks, falling off her nose or chin and hitting the ground below her. "...I'm-" She covered her mouth, trying to hide her sobs. Nimona fell to her knees as the tears continued to stream down her face. "Why...why did you have to be just like them..." She whispered to herself.

She couldn't help but watch as Ballister raised his sword. This was it for her. She was going to die, and maybe she deserved it. "Maybe I am a monster..." She looked down to her hands, letting her tears fall into them. "I...I am a monster." She waited to feel the sword slice through her. She waited to feel pain, her death. But it never came. Instead, she woke up.

She sat up, quicker than she wanted, her head spun for a moment before she finally heard Ballister. "Nimona-" She could see his metal arm reach for her, quickly pushing it away.

"Stop! Please!" She covered her face as she kicked the blanket away. "Please stop..." Suddenly the tears rolled down her cheek, just like in her dream.

"Nimona- hey, it's okay-" He slowly pulled his hands away, trying to give her space.

The shapeshifter covered her ears, closing her eyes as she pulled her knees closer. The tears continued to stream down her face, she begged for it to stop. She didn't know why, but she felt like she had to. The horrible words had stopped, but she could still hear it. "I'm a monster..." She whispered but both men could hear it.

"Nimona..." His heart practically shattered from her words. He leaned forward, pulling the young child into a tight hug. She froze for a minute before she finally hugged him back. "You're not a monster, far from it."

"In-in my dream-"

"It wasn't real, kid..." She nodded into his shoulder as Ambrosius joined the hug. "You saved the city. You're a hero."

"Thank you, boss..."

"You're welcome, sidekick... Sometimes you just need a reminder"