✨New Game, New Players✨

"Nova, wait up!" Grian called out as the young enby ran ahead of the group. Running through the trees as the wind blew against their skin lightly. A smile on their face, laughs leaving their mouth as their eyes carefully closed in pure bliss.

"Nova." The redhead's eyes flew open from the sudden voice. They came to a quick halt as they stared at the no longer bright forest, instead they mainly saw dark skies and yellow colored stone below them. Obsidian towers were stacked high with glowly crystals on top of them.

"Hello?" They called out to anybody who could hear them. An uneasiness quickly fell over them, causing them to hug themself. "Grian? Mumbo? Jimmy? Martyn? Anybody..?"

The Watchers are always watching. Always watching." A loud voice yelled into their ears causing the enby to quickly clutch their ears. "Always watching. Always watching. Always watching." The voice kept screaming in their ears, it echoing loudly as it spoke.

"Stop! Please stop!" They cried out, waiting for the voice to stop, and it did. Quickly their eyes shot open again, they were standing in the middle of the path again. The green trees swaying around them, hearing only the wind blow around them. "What the.. Where am.. How.."

"Nova! Come on, let us catch up!" They looked back down the path, taking a deep breath to calm their nerves. In one quick motion they crossed their arms, tapping their foot as if they had been waiting for a few minutes.

"You guys are so slow!" They called out with a smug look on their face. The redhead watched as their 'family' came around the corner. "Come on! We have to get to the site before nightfall! We'll never get there at your snail pace!"

"We weren't that far behind you!" Martyn replied, ruffling the child's hair as he walked past.

"I've been waiting here for a good 10 minutes!"

"Uh huh, sure you have" Mumbo chuckled, rolling his eyes playfully. "Come on, kiddo, let's stay together"

"Fine, fine, we'll stay together for now" The enby pushed their hands into their pockets, taking a deep breath they didn't realize they were holding on to. They quickly shook the feelings of anxiety and fear from their body before walking with the others. Watching the others begin to go back to their chats, they looked to the ground. Letting thoughts swirl through their mind as they felt a light elbow in the side.

"Hey, are you okay? We're not actually upset if that's what you're worried about-" The mustached man asked, earning a shake of the head as a reply.

"I'm fine, just thinking is all"

"About?" Nova looked up at him, giving him a slightly annoyed glance. "You don't have to tell me," He began putting his hands up slightly in defense. "but if you want to, i'm listening" They glanced up towards the group, looking towards Grian before back at Mumbo.

"I'm thinking about building plans, trying to think about what we can do. Maybe a castle? Or even towers!" The two both chuckled,

"I think those are great ideas, we'll have to talk to Grian about what he may have in mind too" The taller man put a hand on the shorter teenager's shoulder. "You know if something is wrong you can always tell me. I'm always here to listen"

"I know.. I'm okay though, really" A fake smile was thrown to him, making the two both feel a little better about the situation. Lying to the people they loved was becoming a 'Nova Speciality', something they kept becoming better at. Whether it was how they felt or what they were thinking about, more lies kept flowing out.

V short filler chapter but more watchers stuff :))