🧪Why Can't You Just Trust me?🧪

First Project863 oneshot

And it's a super long one... like about 3020 words so 

Might be a future story part but im not sure so y'all can have this

Little info: Elle, Maggie, and Jax are with the crew (aka Matthias, Sam, Woods, Quinn, Tanner, and Bailey)

This takes place when they're meeting with ben

"I just said to meet us tonight." Matthias spoke, setting the phone down. "We don't even really know who this guy is and now we're meeting him in our parking lot.."

"I can't believe we're actually going to try and talk to this guy." Woods asked aloud as he looked at the group. "He broke into our building multiple times, and he's obviously unstable because of the serum- No offense Maggie.."

"Some taken.." She mumbled under her breath, looking at the group.

"So are we actually just going to meet up with him and talk?"

"I would like to." Maggie said aloud, earning a few concerned looks. "If this is someone who had serum in them I might be able to talk to them, somehow reason with them."

"Is that really a safe option though? What if he has a weapon and attacks you? Or he somehow convinces you to go back to Syntec?" Bailey asked.

"If he attacks me then I dodge or attack him back."

"And if he conv-"

"He won't. Trust me." Maggie spat back, "I'll bring a knife or something so if he does attack me I can protect myself" The room became awkwardly silent. "You guys can watch from across the street or from windows or something but i'm meeting with him."

"Quinn, cut the cameras" Matt said, feeling the tension in the room. "Maggie, I don't think that's the best decision."

"Why not? If he's from the California sites then I might know him and be able to swing him to our side. It's our best chance. He doesn't know who you guys are but he might know me and trust me faster."

"But because you sided with Deb instead of Syphus he might not trust you at all and will just attack you. I don't think we want to risk that."

"So we send you? The owner of a giant company thats trying to bring them down? With all do respect Matt, I'm the best choice." The room became silent again. "I'm going to talk to him tonight." Maggie looked back, seeing Elle giving her a small smile while Jax gave a thumbs up, showing the two approved of the plan.

"Maggie. A word in private."  With the tone in Matthias's voice, she felt like she was back with Deb. Mags gave a silent nod as people began to leave the room. Elle stopped next to her, reaching to grab her hand and give her a comforting squeeze.

"It's okay." She whispered before she left the room, closing the door behind her.

The silence was tenser then before as the two stared at each other. Of course the two seemed to both know about the topic on hand before any words were said. "You have to understand my worry about this, Maggie. I'm risking my whole team here."